Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2010, 08:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Diablo 3

Artisans are announced, its nice to see you can socket things more then once now and dont have to worry about leveling your own crafting. Just break down crap you dont need and level up the artisans youreself with the materials you get from breaking down crap loot.

Gamescom: Diablo III's Artisan System Revealed - PC Preview at IGN
Old August 18, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Interesting stuff, reminds me a little about the enchanter in Torchlight. I wonder if there are going to be runewords or if these artisans effectively replace runewords.
Old August 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Is it bad that I look forward to Torchlight 2 WAY more than this shoddy Diablo release?
Blizzard has had a terrible track record lately, and Diablo 2 was a horrible game compared to the first Diablo. I do not have high hopes for this game at all.
Just me though it seems!
Old August 18, 2010, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Arinoth maybe you should finish Starcraft2 before thinking about D3 lol
Old August 18, 2010, 11:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Eh i was beating/finished Dragon Age and its expansion
Old August 18, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds much better now that upgrading costs a lot of money. That's the part that I didn't like about Diablo II. The gold served no purpose other than to gamble and repair armor. I hope that this is fixed.
Old August 18, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inate8 View Post
Is it bad that I look forward to Torchlight 2 WAY more than this shoddy Diablo release?
Blizzard has had a terrible track record lately, and Diablo 2 was a horrible game compared to the first Diablo. I do not have high hopes for this game at all.
Just me though it seems!
Can't agree with that statement, I had far more fun playing D2 than D1. Can't see how it was horrible compared to D1.

I do agree though that Torchlight 2 could challenge Diablo 3.
Old August 18, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Can't agree with that statement, I had far more fun playing D2 than D1. Can't see how it was horrible compared to D1.

I do agree though that Torchlight 2 could challenge Diablo 3.
I think that the original Diablo was much more scarier than Diablo II. I found Diablo 2 to be too bright, and the demons did not look as scary. Hmm maybe the music in D2 wasn't ask dark either. I hope that Diablo 3 gets the scary theme back...

Either way I still preferred Diablo II over the original Diablo because of gameplay though.
Old August 18, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Hard to compare d2 to d1 considering the age difference, D1 did VERY well with the tech and programing they had at the time, but either game feels alot different from the other. I Think more of the ultima series when I look at D1. D2 I felt had less... creativity to it then D1 had, but then again I prefered the old garage made video games from the past.

Im excited to see D3 when it finally releases but I can easily think of a few other games that I am more anticipating then this one.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old August 18, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I think that the original Diablo was much more scarier than Diablo II. I found Diablo 2 to be too bright, and the demons did not look as scary. Hmm maybe the music in D2 wasn't ask dark either. I hope that Diablo 3 gets the scary theme back...
I can somewhat agree with that, although I was younger when I played D1 than D2 so in my case that had an impact.

Though to be honest I never really thought of the fear factor being important to Diablo, don't know why.