Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Some of us still refuse to use the AH / RMAH to purchase gear. :)

I have however broken down and started selling a few items on the AH in order to build up cash for upping gems / crafting weapons.

Currently dual wielding mighty axes I've crafted myself.

Fangriot - Community - Diablo III
That's quite the dedication to avoid the AH. At least now A3/A4 Hell has a chance to drop ilvl61+ items.. so there's a chance! I got my first two characters up to 60 before that patch, so the jump from hell to inferno was quite a shocker, especially for my Barb which was my first 60 character. It was so bad that I abandoned it and switched to a Wizard. Ranged characters have an easier transition to inferno IMO.
Old September 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If you didn't sell on AH before, what do you do with all of your extra rares etc? I'm having a hard time clearing out all of my rare drops quick enough and selling in the AH will get more gold than from merchants.
Old September 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
If you didn't sell on AH before, what do you do with all of your extra rares etc? I'm having a hard time clearing out all of my rare drops quick enough and selling in the AH will get more gold than from merchants.
Doesnt matter, Sell them to the vendor.

After the AH cut on items, the low amount of gold you get for sub-par rares, and the TIME you spend in the AH, I guarantee you can farm gold faster in game then the gold you'd make on the AH.

While you're trying to sell junk, I'm vendoring it, and picking up gold with chances at loot dropping
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 11, 2012, 02:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Doesnt matter, Sell them to the vendor.

After the AH cut on items, the low amount of gold you get for sub-par rares, and the TIME you spend in the AH, I guarantee you can farm gold faster in game then the gold you'd make on the AH.

While you're trying to sell junk, I'm vendoring it, and picking up gold with chances at loot dropping
I craft as well so I salvage crafting supplies through the BS. Lvl 61+ below 600 gold are salvaged (rings / tokens lvl 60+) everything above 600 gold (aside from the very few that might be worth trying to sell on the AH) are vendored.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Upped my resist from 189 to 326, I probably should have checked my stash though first, I had a decent socketed set with good all resist that I hadn't got around to trying any gems in yet.
Old September 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I tried out the Daibo myself and found the attack speed to be lacking when it was needed. Although my tank monk seems to hold his own pretty well. Just saving up for a few more crit gems. I have yet to find a respectable legendary so far, even post patch. I keep finding useless plans as well.

Towelie - Community - Diablo III
Old September 11, 2012, 03:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You know how I was saying how crit damage gives a huge damage boost?
If I equip this I lose nearly 19k DPS:
Old September 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
You know how I was saying how crit damage gives a huge damage boost?
If I equip this I lose nearly 19k DPS:
I'll use it
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Finally got Diablo with my monk. 1.0.4 definitely was a step in the right direction, there is a possibility by the pvp update it might actually become decent.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for my monk gear wise. I can just about farm a3 effectively but have a ways to go before i stop dieing. I would appreciate any tips in what im looking at replacing and with what. Keeping in mind my budget is very limited.

Natasha - Community - Diablo III
Old September 14, 2012, 02:26 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Leonidas - Community - Diablo III
heres mine for what its worth.