Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2012, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Finally downed inferno Diablo last night. 5 stacks of valor plus MF gear on...terrible drops lol. 59, 58, 62 ( the 62 amulet is ok)
That fight is brutally long on a sword and board monk lol. 20 Mins or so
Old August 29, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

changed my skills to a WW/Tornado barb yesterday night. I also bought a 780 LOH + 250 Str (300dps) offhand sword for 100K yesterday night!

It's really more fun to play! I still need to learn a bit how to use the skills because I'm dying a bit more often in Act3, but I kill things much faster.

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old August 29, 2012, 07:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
changed my skills to a WW/Tornado barb yesterday night. I also bought a 780 LOH + 250 Str (300dps) offhand sword for 100K yesterday night!

It's really more fun to play! I still need to learn a bit how to use the skills because I'm dying a bit more often in Act3, but I kill things much faster.
I'll usually go Warcry -> Battle Cry -> Bash an enemy to get enough fury for a sprint, then start sprinting around. Once my fury is 2/3 full I'll start to WW through enemies. If there are only a few enemies on screen I'll WW through once, then sprint back to where I WW'd from, then WW again. Usually 2 passes is enough to kill any non elites.

Some things to keep in mind:

Don't try to WW through massive packs of enemies. Even with 1400 LoH I'll still die occasionally when I try that. Instead, WW around the edges of the pack. Once you've thinned them out, feel free to WW right through the middle.

Save your WotB for jailer/frozen/vortex/fear bosses. That cooldown sucks, and you don't want to have it stuck on cooldown when fighting a boss that has one of those affixes. I still haven't mastered keeping Thrive on Chaos up long enough that it's always available.

Always keep Battle Cry & Sprint up - you'll go out of fury fast without them.

I saw you added me as a friend yesterday, but I don't have a lot of time to play this week - maybe this weekend I can jump in a game with you.

Spin to win!
Old August 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, me Monk was taking a beating, did a little shopping, oh look a 2 handed mace that does 3 times the damage of my current mace for a mere pittance. The new refined search helps alot in by-passing the overpriced farmbot stuff..
Old August 30, 2012, 08:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Personally I prefer using a shield with a high block, and then 2-h on my monk. Find I live/last longer that way.
Old August 31, 2012, 03:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

I am more of an "offense is the best defense" believer with my monk. Haven't tried Act 3 since 1.0.4.
Old August 31, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I am more of an "offense is the best defense" believer with my monk. Haven't tried Act 3 since 1.0.4.
Yeah, my monk has also gone that root, dual wield and just keep hitting stuff.

is act4 much harder than act3. I just barely made it through act3 but I'm getting fed up trying to farm the ancient device in act2 that refuses to spawn....
Old August 31, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

I don't believe the drop rates between act 3 and 4 inferno are different wrt ilvl 61+ items.
Old August 31, 2012, 05:58 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Too funny, co-op, friends monk with an inferno level weapon, on hell, no resist, little vitality, kicking ass until... the first champion... instakill, my barb can't dish out as much damage, but I've got my resist up there as well as a shit load of life on hit. Welcome to Hell! Although I did some how die in nightmare whimseyshire shortly before that to some fire chained my little ponies... I did grab a legendary itme from whimseyshire though, it's just wierd...
Old August 31, 2012, 06:09 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

First Post 1.0.4 patch legendary item... Whimseyshire elite weapondry
Attached Images