Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2012, 12:48 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Yep, that's just how crappy the loot is in D3 now, my DH is only level 40 and can't even use that bow, probably wouldn't want too given the 1 hand crossbows he has are both better than that. I was gold farming Nightmare with my level 51 Monk and didn't even notice I picked that up until I was salvaging at haedrigs... and what's the point of having your own blacksmith if he can't fix your stuff...

Yep, complete garbage, I already had this 2 handed bow in my stash...
Attached Images

Old July 31, 2012, 04:55 PM
Top Prospect

Have they fixed the choppiness in d3 yet? I quit playing a while ago because no matter what I did with the settings the lag was still there. It was not a latency issue either i sit around 60ms. Another thing I noticed is D3 says I am getting 0 FPS when I last went in game. WTF is blizzard doing these days.....
Old July 31, 2012, 06:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, folks are still complaining about "rubberband" and the huge hitbox. If I had to guess, I'd say that the lag inherent to having a good portion of the game engine residing on their side rather than Bnet2 just being an interface between a full game on your PC and other internet networked PCs.

Today was a bonus... 13 hours of maintenance during daytime play time, and it looks like the majority of that maintenance was for a major SC2 patch, but then once they were back online the D3 authentication was broken (SC2 & DIII share authentication servers apparently) resulting in at least 4 hours more downtime for the game (D3)that wasn't the focus of the patch. :(

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 1, 2012, 03:58 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Good thing I was mowing my ditch last night then...
Old August 1, 2012, 04:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Why are you guys still torturing yourselves with this game?

Hell if you want a time sink, swtor is going sub or free-to-play come august first. Spend 15$ to buy the game and play the game up to 50 essentially free (sub is for raiding, doing a lot of pvp, or using the free market trader a lot, the leveling/storyline which is what is actually great in the game is in the free to play section)
Old August 1, 2012, 06:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I agree with Arinoth. There are not many reasons to play D3 these days. 'Lag issues', poor loot system, broken economy. Blizzard has been very quiet on their forums as well, normally they are much more active in the community. Looks like this game is destined for an early grave.
Old August 1, 2012, 06:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Lag issue is actually worse depending on where you are.

Blizzard this time only made a few sets of servers. If you are playing on the North American one for example you are connecting to Blizzard in the West coast (California) independent of where you are in the continent. That means people on the FAR east coast, such as myself in atlantic canada get high latency due to this. Go to say WoW or old battle.net where you had east/west coast servers and well my latency is rather reasonable (good) when on an EAST coast server. Dying because my latency is high due to the fact Blizzard couldn't bother with East coast severs (where a majority of their players are EAST COAST) made the game very frustrating at times too.
Old August 1, 2012, 06:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not worried bout D3. I'm back to playing WoT. MWO comes out very soon, and XCOM is due in Sept.

See Blizzard, this is why I stopped playing WoW, and why I will not support D3 anymore.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 1, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt View Post
I agree with Arinoth. There are not many reasons to play D3 these days. 'Lag issues', poor loot system, broken economy. Blizzard has been very quiet on their forums as well, normally they are much more active in the community. Looks like this game is destined for an early grave.
You know when blizzard stops interacting with players on the forums something must be up.

My guess is there is some interesting internal board-room conversations happening, and probably some hand slapping, finger pointing and pink slips being handed out.

I moved on a long time ago. I'm not even sure a properly done expansion will bring me back to D3. Blizzard games in general now are about $$$, as exemplified by the Starcraft 2 triple game of cash-cow. Its like a movie sequel, the follow ups get worse and worse as the years go on.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 1, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am glad I haven't bought this game yet, I have been playing D2 LOD and have played on east west Europe and now starting a new char on asia servers , on all server 9accept for Asia) have have 4 toons over level89. I have only fouind pretty bad lag on the Asia server but this could be due to the time zone I was playing a little bit last night so I am not sure how busy the Asia server was at that time. the Euro server only gets a little laggy in the morning.