Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2012, 08:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've put this game aside because of co-op. Fiancee and I both have little to no interest, especially with the payoffs
I honestly think a lot of us put this game away.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 17, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yup. Majority have. I was so effin excited for d3, and I did totally love it until I hit the Ia2 wall.
Old July 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Yup. Majority have. I was so effin excited for d3, and I did totally love it until I hit the Ia2 wall.
Yeah, that I think stopped a lot of people that and the rediculious requirement of your gear vs the drops we were getting.

I'm okay with grinding but it has its limits. Even in WoT when I grid at least that gets me somewhere.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old July 17, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't played in about a month now. I probably won't pick it up again. I'm back to L4D2 for the time being.
Old July 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yeah, that I think stopped a lot of people that and the rediculious requirement of your gear vs the drops we were getting.

I'm okay with grinding but it has its limits. Even in WoT when I grid at least that gets me somewhere.

-ST
It's just not fun any more. I cannot do the grind. I just can't waste hours away chasing a pixellated item playing the same content over and over with no stimulation in reward. I would play dragon age origins over and over if I wanted to replay something. The sole point of playing video games is to have fun!!! So many people have forgotten that.

What ever happened to the good old sandbox games like UO where the struggle just to survive was the grind. You just played the game for what it was and had fun. Now it's all these stupid item/level based games which turns the game into pure grind.
Old July 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't mind grinding for gear.... what I hate is grinding for game money in order to buy gear from bot runners...... If I could find gear I could actually use I could live with the other irritants of the game, but as it stands, the loot system is completely broken at higher levels of play.

Doing a game swap over to SDD tomorrow, might not bother re-installing DIII and then look at it again in a few months to see if they've improved anything, but from the dead silence coming from Blizz WRT exploits / bugs let alone real change to the game mechanics I don't have much hope that they're actually planning to put any more effort into the game.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old July 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
It's just not fun any more. I cannot do the grind. I just can't waste hours away chasing a pixellated item playing the same content over and over with no stimulation in reward. I would play dragon age origins over and over if I wanted to replay something. The sole point of playing video games is to have fun!!! So many people have forgotten that.

What ever happened to the good old sandbox games like UO where the struggle just to survive was the grind. You just played the game for what it was and had fun. Now it's all these stupid item/level based games which turns the game into pure grind.
Yeah I miss the days of my own UO shard where existance was litteraly all you fought for. You kept the dungeons of Destard , Depise etc etc at bay and fought hard to keep the land free.
The good old days....

Who knows what happened. EVE is still good if you can survive the learning curve.

-ST

Old July 17, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yeah I miss the days of my own UO shard where existance was litteraly all you fought for. You kept the dungeons of Destard , Depise etc etc at bay and fought hard to keep the land free.
The good old days....

Who knows what happened. EVE is still good if you can survive the learning curve.

-ST
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So true Sagath. But Once I got entrenched into EVE It was a blast.

Though I haven't played in a while since I only have so much time in a day.

-ST

Old July 17, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I have a fine barb axe that I craft using mats from my lvl 60 rings/ammy/tokens + all of my lvl 61+ gear... all other gear gets sold for cash. It still rolls crap.

Have you found your gear, or did you "purchase" it on either the RMAH or the GMAH?
With the exception of my off-hand, which a friend gave me, the rest has been found. While I was leveling I would buy cheap items on the AH (a couple k). Though I have been from time to time putting bids on weapons in the GMAH but they go up in price fairly quickly. I use the RMAH purely for selling stuff, I used the proceeds to buy other games. Trying to see if I can make enough for a BL2 preorder.