Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok well imagine if every monk item was filled with dex and vit, wiz item int and vit etc etc etc. How fun would that be. Everyone would be geared to the nuts.

Sorry but no. Of all things wrong with this game that is not one of them.
Old June 22, 2012, 11:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh yes it actually is. IF it is a CLASS specific items, then it should have the correct stats on it. I'm not complaining about generic items, this is class specific. How would everyone be geared to the nuts if each class only has a few items that are for their class with the rest being random.

I wasn't saying if you're a monk you should just see dex/vit stuff drop, I was saying a monk's weapons/hat SHOULD not have strength randomized on it.

I don't remember D2 pulling this crap for class specific weapons, or maybe I just don't remember it as it wasn't as much of an issue. My fiancee has gone 20 levels without finding a better/proper stat wand. Yes she can use other weapons and she has been, but what's the point of a class specific item if generic stuff is 99% of the time better?
Old June 22, 2012, 12:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
So, apparently if you buy a digital copy of the game now, you're limited to the starter Ed for 72 hours...

Got the recipe for the staff to open Whimyshire last night, still haven't got Leorics shin bone after 7 runs through his mansion though
Update from a blue on the subject....

Digital Purchase Restrictions - Forums - Diablo III

Apparently being stuck on the starter rules is not intended and is something they're working to get resolved ASAP....

These are the intended restrictions for unverified credit card transactions....

Quote:
No public game access for unverified digital purchasers
No auction house access (real-money or gold) for unverified digital purchasers
Unverified digital purchasers cannot trade items or drop items for other players to receive
Unverified digital purchasers are not able to chat in any public or game channels
Unverified digital purchasers cannot attach a custom message to friend requests, but they can send/accept friend requests, and play with their friends
Global Play is not available for unverified digital purchasers

Those sound pretty reasonable IMO.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 23, 2012, 01:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like the blues have finally come out of their shells and started posting some constuctive comments on the changes made in patch 1.0.3......

13 Questions for community managers - Forums - Diablo III

Doesn't really say much, but it's better than ignoring the 95% of folks who had nothing but bad things to say about it, and at least points to the possibilty of some flexibility.

Personally my main complaints at the moment are:
    • Zero Drops for mini bosses
    • Zero drops for breakables
    • Champions/Elites/Rare minions spamming things like Freeze (this one has been mentioned in the "bug(s) to fix" thread)
    • Stop closing down every bloody "Easy to get to" Boss / Encounter
The drops (IMO) were nerfed in order to combat the bots, but ended up greatly affected players instead... sorry, but if I'm beating up (or being beaten upon by) something with a purple name, I should get some kind of reward when he/she/it is dead.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 23, 2012, 02:08 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Played some co-op nightmare last night, went up against the butcher and magdah in that time frame, the butcher only dropped 3 magic pole arms, all basically identical, magdah dropped like one magic item, that was it. Loot in act IV is now non existant, damn elites spamming insta kill shit every second or so, even after they're dead FFS
Old June 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I read the link ss posted and i had to laugh a little at some of the other posts after the blue responses. I know the game spent a lot of time in beta, but in the end this game is one month old and people are bitching and moaning. They are on patch 3 with patch 4 on the way, people forget that some gmes never got patched? The company has people in the forums answering questions and reading comments, sounds like a good way to do business to me.

After all the small and large changes i still love the felling you get when you see a legendary or set piece drops... i have 2 so far. Can't wait for the next set piece to drop.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old June 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Got the recipe for the staff to open Whimyshire last night, still haven't got Leorics shin bone after 7 runs through his mansion though
And on the 10th run through, a Shin bone Now do I want to go there with a level 40 char...
Old June 25, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
The drops (IMO) were nerfed in order to combat the bots, but ended up greatly affected players instead... sorry, but if I'm beating up (or being beaten upon by) something with a purple name, I should get some kind of reward when he/she/it is dead.
I find it is quite the opposite. You get a lot more drops, particularly rares, than before. You also find item lvl 63 items in act 1 inferno which is great. Instead of doing inferno Butcher runs, I basically play through act 1 starting at the 2nd part of the shattered crown quest.

I don't understand the zero drops from breakables thing. The drops were reduced but they still happen.
Old June 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Does anybody know any good site for gear.

I am playing a barb and i was sorta looking for a site that would be tell me what the best gear for him is

Thanks!
w0z
Old June 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0z View Post
Does anybody know any good site for gear.

I am playing a barb and i was sorta looking for a site that would be tell me what the best gear for him is

Thanks!
w0z
That would really depend on what part of the game you are at and what your build is like.