Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
Top Prospect

Just got my barb to 60, spent around 300k to get the stats and resistance. I love the AH.

Str = 964
Vit = 1125
Armor = 5483
Damage = 7554
Resistance = 366 - 422

You definitely dont need a million. I guess the price dropped since then.

He still in Hell Act3, I think I'll use him to try to finish infernal. Right now hell is super easy, I never die once getting the right gears and because of that I get lots of rare drops fighting elites and champs.
Old June 22, 2012, 04:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Price probably dropped due to more people wanting to buy via the rmah or the mass exodus of pissed of fans.

They need to take some of the damn types out, got arcane + immune + desocrator last night. As a melee it took me probably 10 minutes to try to kill 3 of them, even with my fiancee the wizard dps because of all the god damn running around I had to do to avoid the massively over powered arcane turrets and how many can be spawned at a time it seems.
Old June 22, 2012, 04:40 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

So, apparently if you buy a digital copy of the game now, you're limited to the starter Ed for 72 hours...

Got the recipe for the staff to open Whimyshire last night, still haven't got Leorics shin bone after 7 runs through his mansion though
Old June 22, 2012, 05:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
So, apparently if you buy a digital copy of the game now, you're limited to the starter Ed for 72 hours...

Got the recipe for the staff to open Whimyshire last night, still haven't got Leorics shin bone after 7 runs through his mansion though
Are they making that clear when folks purchase?

I know I wouldn't have purchased a digital copy with that restriction applied, but it's probably in response to multiple purchases by bot farming teams, and if it prevents Blizz from making stupid changes to the game to combat the bots I'm all for it.....

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 22, 2012, 05:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, sorry I can't approve of that:

Quote:
As of patch 1.0.3, when purchasing a digital version of Diablo III through the online store or your Battle.net Account, players are restricted to the Starter Edition for the first 72 hours (sometimes less)," reads the post. It goes on to detail what restrictions this puts in place until players can have their accounts approved: Matchmaking only with other Starter Edition players, no auction house access, no global play, and most problematically, a level cap of 13 and access to content only leading up to Act I's first big boss, the Skeleton King.
source: Stuck at Level 13? Digital Purchases Info - Forums - Diablo III

That means if you get your friend into the game you can't even play with them within the first 72 hours. Level up fast and hit the level cap before your 72 hours are up? Guess you'll have to start another character instead!
Old June 22, 2012, 06:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm starting to feel like D3 wasn't where I wanted it to be.
I used to love and enjoy spending the time to grind the living crap out of my characters...I just don't have the same desire as I used to.
I dunno if its me, or the game. I actually went back to WoT because of it..

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 22, 2012, 06:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think it may have to be because of how the game is designed differently then Diablo 2.

Hell according to someone who worked on D3 after D2 came out, Blizzard's plan for the game for a few years was to make it an mmo rather then a hack-n-slash.

It just seems that blizzard wants nay forces you to use the AH or RMAH to progress in the game to get drops to then either sell on the AH or RMAH or use. I still find it absolute crap some of the combinations the rares/elites can have. Hell there were 2 games last night we had to quit and remake because of the randomized abilities with the type of monster which made them literally impossible to kill. Then we got 2 elite packs last night where I literally couldn't do any damage to the enemies because they could 1 shot a melee.

Me and the fiancee will probably play this game for quite a bit, leveling up another set of characters, though I doubt we'll put much time into it after that (though at 60 hours already on our mains, not bad so far) unless they fix some of this.

I should also mention since we're in Atlantic Canada we tend to get pings around 170-250 most the time, which has resulted in either of us dying because the game didn't get the command to move us, heal us, etc. This has gotten rather frustrating at times as it's clear D3 has no East Coast located servers. I know this from playing WoW on an east coast server in atlantic canada 2 years ago and getting pings half that.

Last edited by Arinoth; June 22, 2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old June 22, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I think it may have to be because of how the game is designed differently then Diablo 2.

Hell according to someone who worked on D3 after D2 came out, Blizzard's plan for the game for a few years was to make it an mmo rather then a hack-n-slash.

It just seems that blizzard wants nay forces you to use the AH or RMAH to progress in the game to get drops to then either sell on the AH or RMAH or use. I still find it absolute crap some of the combinations the rares/elites can have. Hell there were 2 games last night we had to quit and remake because of the randomized abilities with the type of monster which made them literally impossible to kill. Then we got 2 elite packs last night where I literally couldn't do any damage to the enemies because they could 1 shot a melee.

Me and the fiancee will probably play this game for quite a bit, leveling up another set of characters, though I doubt we'll put much time into it after that (though at 60 hours already on our mains, not bad so far) unless they fix some of this.

I should also mention since we're in Atlantic Canada we tend to get pings around 170-250 most the time, which has resulted in either of us dying because the game didn't get the command to move us, heal us, etc. This has gotten rather frustrating at times as it's clear D3 has no East Coast located servers. I know this from playing WoW on an east coast server in atlantic canada 2 years ago and getting pings half that.
The lead Torchlight guys are the ones who are talkinga bout d3 starting as an MMO.

On a side note I seen a lot of QQ about procs on weapons being useless. Really? Is ever single piece of loot drop supposed to be viable and useful? I don't think so.
Old June 22, 2012, 08:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
The lead Torchlight guys are the ones who are talkinga bout d3 starting as an MMO.

On a side note I seen a lot of QQ about procs on weapons being useless. Really? Is ever single piece of loot drop supposed to be viable and useful? I don't think so.
How about randomized stat generators that's complete garbage? I'm sorry why would I need strength on a monk only weapon? Oh you got a Wizard Hat, we'll just give you Dex on it, surely you need it. Don't know how many times I could have had a fairly decent item, ESPECIALLY a class specific one and it had the wrong stat on it.
Old June 22, 2012, 08:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
How about randomized stat generators that's complete garbage? I'm sorry why would I need strength on a monk only weapon? Oh you got a Wizard Hat, we'll just give you Dex on it, surely you need it. Don't know how many times I could have had a fairly decent item, ESPECIALLY a class specific one and it had the wrong stat on it.
Yeah. there's a big difference between getting a bad drop, and the stats rolling system having no control over the stats so that there's at least some synergy between the type of drop and the stats on it...

I've got a wonderful lvl 55 rare enchantress follower thingy with 5 melee fighter stats on it... that should never happen.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP