Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2012, 07:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Finally made it to inferno, but getting through hell Diablo was an eye opener of it's own..... absolutely none of the mini bosses drop anything now!!!! I mean FFS.... it's a bloody hunt for loot game, and they turned off drops for the mini-bosses in the premier level of the game?????? Hell... they're not even trying to pretend that they're listening to their client base any more.......

Act 1 hell wasn't much better... the only good thing about it was secret tome drops for crafting............

Think I am gonna actually put it back up on the virtual shelf (digital copy) for a couple of weeks to see if they come to their senses... that or I might just run some quick low level builds and/or low level hardcore just to get some achievements under my belt.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 20, 2012, 08:14 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainne View Post
Got to say I'm glad I got a refund before 1.0.3 dropped. Looks like sh!t hit the fan even further

Gladly moved my hard earned money over to a game that really deserves it and pre-purchased GW2 :) I had more fun in a single and limited beta weekend in GW2 than I had in the 25 hours I gave Diablo III, and I really truly tried to sort out the bugs, tried different play styles, and attempted to utilize the auction house as its intended replacement for a loot system, but man alive aside from the initial 10 hour game it was simply not entertaining.

You can't compare gameplay styles sure, but you can compare fun - the universal language of entertainment. I play lots of different genres and enjoy them all. Comparing the "fun" factor of D3 to say GW2, BF3 or heck, Minecraft is a relative observation sure, but an entirely valid comparison.

Content may be a general measurement of the amount of "fun" one can have in a game. A $60 game that provides 60 hours of unique, interesting, replayment and therefore fun , content, winds up equaling a $1/hour of entertainment! In Diablo III's case, maybe you did manage to enjoy the first 10 hours, but for the next 20 you kept plodding through just HOPING things would improve. Well then you are sitting at $3/hour of entertainment and $6/hour of actual fun.

Thus the game that provides the most "fun"/hour becomes the better buy.
Since you refunded already, so basically you played a free game, $0/hour
Old June 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

At this point, calling it a game might be a bit of a stretch.... free or not.... ;)

All kidding aside, I think the core problem is that the devs think they're designing another MMO that needs to be balanced to be fair to all the players, while the great majority of players believe they should be playing a single player game which has the option of allowing a few of your friends (or strangers if you don't have any friends playing) to tag along for the loot....

I'm quite anti-social when it comes to my games... I have no desire to interact with other people while I'm playing... I don't mind occasionally trading with them, but that's the extent of the social aspect for me. I don't need some dev telling me that they don't think some part of the game I may or may not be doing is "Fun".... that's up to the player to decide, not the bloody dev.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm now on Act II Nightmare now and in the last 8 hours of gameplay I have only had 2 rare items drop. This crappy drop rate is really frustrating me.
Old June 21, 2012, 01:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah... they need a big 2.0 release patch to fix a lot of the stuff wrong with the game now. And I think sswilson nailed it when they said Blizzard was thinking MMO here over Diablo. The loot drops are pathetic, the patch did nothing, NOTHING, to fix crafting except make the first 7 levels of gems pointless and the 8th dirt cheap. They need to step back from the greed machine that is the AH and back to actual gaming. The cash cow of WOW really has tainted them as a developer.

I havent played inferno yet, want to get my DH (4th character) up to 60 at least. Found a half decent crossbow for him though tonight, lvl 51 in hell act1, high dex, decent life on hit, decent damage. My main goal with him is now to powerlevel him to level 60 before i get to the end of act2. Then I'll try to take my monk through inferno and beat the game. Then its most likely going on the shelf, couldnt be bothered to get my witch doctor past lvl 9

I've sunk a lot of time into this mostly because I dont have too much else to do right now in rainy vancouver. Hopefully the sun might actually stay out for a little while here and I can get back outside.

Edit: Just been reading some "blue" posts and I have to say wow. Right now the message they are sending is that if its too hard too bad. My thinking is that right now its more annoying than hard and that there is a real game design problem going on. I want inferno to be hard but I do not want to be banging my head against the wall.

Last edited by muse108dc; June 21, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old June 21, 2012, 03:52 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

The rate of drops is really inconsistent, I got nothing for about 2 hours last night, even against second rate "boss" chartacters and got nadda, I switched to a lower level char and started getting drops like crazy, granted they were crap drops, but drops none the less.
Old June 21, 2012, 04:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... I was gobsmacked after iskatu (first mini-boss in act IV) in hell dropped a single tome of blacksmithing.... I mean really that's it ???? Then I discovered that the drops for all of the act IV mini-bosses had been dialed down to zero. If that's all a mini-boss is going to drop, then remove him/her/it from the game and let us move on to something that's going to drop loot.

It's really getting hard to understand the dev team's thinking without sounding like I'm wearing my "they just want to drive people to the RMAH" tin hat.... when you only provide 10 - 15 hours of unique content for a $60 game then the loot is the only possible saving grace in the game... itemization was broken from the start (completely random, boring, no "rules" applied which would prevent completely usless stats from rolling on items those stats are not appropriate for the type of gear, etc....), how in the world did they think making it harder to get more drops would be a good thing?

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more broken the game looks, and the more pissed off I'm getting about the direction they not only went in creating the game, but the direction they're going in now that they've got my money.

Old June 21, 2012, 04:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Drops have really been a joke since the patch for us, sure we're not 60 yet, however some of the randomized abilities for the pack of mobs we've gotten has taken 5-10 minutes to kill because of their ability to one or two shot either one of us. Once we do kill them it's like 1-2 rare magical drops. Sure it's all randomized loot and for crafting as well, but make it at least slightly smart. There is no reason a monk weapon should have strength on it, just like a wizzard hat shouldn't have dex on it. I mean seriously blizzard, NO ONE benefits from their non-main stat in a class specific item.

Once we hit 60 and push into inferno, we'll probably play another class. After that who knows if we'll keep at it or not. It has so far given the two of us together 60 hours of gameplay, and for her probably 90 hours (since she still hasn't been able to find a job) but if it's going to be this much of a hassle or worse in inferno to get gear, when does torchligh 2 come out?
Old June 21, 2012, 05:09 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I went from the Boss at the Rikki bridge all the way to iskatu and got nadda for rare drops, iskatu's best drop was a ruby... That's when I switched over to my lowest level char.
Old June 21, 2012, 08:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Torchlight 2 release date is apparently going to be announced very very soon.

As being a major Blizzard fanboy and having been really excited I am like everyone else, quite disappointed with Diablo 3. I did have fun in the beginning but playing the same game over and over is just not fun. There isn't even any competitive aspect. :( And then not being able to progress without ridiculous hours of item/gold grinding bleh, im pretty much done with d3. Back to starcraft 2 for the time being.