Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2012, 12:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
I'm debating buying this... How hard is it to make your money back selling items in the auction house?
If that's really your game plan, I'd wait at least 6 months to see if the game is going to implode, as well as doing your research WRT attaching a paypal account to the RMAH in Canada... I'm not even sure if it's possible to get real cash out of the game in Canada, or if you're stuck with using blizzbucks. I'm pretty sure though that you'd need at the very minimum a non-paygo smart phone to set up the authentication process to get real money.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The latest changes are terrible, and blizzard keeps refusing to listen to player feedback and be constructive. The QQ is well warranted, now not only is melee completely broken (repair bills) but ranged are next to useless too.

As a diehard D2 fan, I can honestly say this game is broken. RMAH cash-cow has blizzard seeing $$$ and screw the rest.

GG Activision, way to kill another game.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old June 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

im tired of seeing the qq flow everywheres with this game, it honestly is a good game, its challenging and fun, plus uusing the auction house is FUN, i love going on it and looking for good deals that will increase my dps a bit more to push me through that extra level, i have put well over a hundred hours into this game, and i really enjoy it, YES it gets frusterating, but thgats when yyou call in those friends of yours to help you get psat belial on hell, or some elite on inferno...its fuin, and i know its also possible top solo, but you must be patient and be ready to die alot!
Old June 20, 2012, 03:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_brent View Post
im tired of seeing the qq flow everywheres with this game, it honestly is a good game, its challenging and fun, plus uusing the auction house is FUN, i love going on it and looking for good deals that will increase my dps a bit more to push me through that extra level, i have put well over a hundred hours into this game, and i really enjoy it, YES it gets frusterating, but thgats when yyou call in those friends of yours to help you get psat belial on hell, or some elite on inferno...its fuin, and i know its also possible top solo, but you must be patient and be ready to die alot!
The problem is that (IMO) they're "fixing" the wrong things, unless you're looking at the changes with a mind of what's going to increase traffic to either the RMAH or the AH.

Honestly... every time somebody finds a good area to run/farm, they shut it down. Too much money being made on pots??? Shut it down. Too much loot being found in whimseyshire? Nerf drops from static objects including chests. Nobody buying "Gold" in the RMAH???? Let's increase repair damages beyond what the majority of folks are currently getting from inferno farming.... the list goes on.

That's just the money side of things... don't get me started on things like 3 minute rage timers on bosses... really???? I play single player without buying anything from the AH or RMAH, and quite frankly... a few of the bosses in hell will take me longer than 3 minutes to drop.

"Fixing" gem costs where the fix is only applied to gems that drop for free in hell??? All higher gems are still stupidly high to craft???

Blizzard needs to stop trying to micro manage how people want to play their game so that it directs them to the RMAH.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All The Legendary Items both myself and my wife have gotten have been from Pots/ Tortured Corpses... Now where the hell are we going to find any? haha Blizzard pretty much is just trying to push it so more people use the AH for real money that way they can get more money. I miss real games.. why does everything multiplayer have to be so terrible. I swear if they **** Borderlands 2 up I'm done with gaming haha.
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old June 20, 2012, 03:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
The problem is that (IMO) they're "fixing" the wrong things, unless you're looking at the changes with a mind of what's going to increase traffic to either the RMAH or the AH.

Honestly... every time somebody finds a good area to run/farm, they shut it down. Too much money being made on pots??? Shut it down. Too much loot being found in whimseyshire? Nerf drops from static objects including chests. Nobody buying "Gold" in the RMAH???? Let's increase repair damages beyond what the majority of folks are currently getting from inferno farming.... the list goes on.

That's just the money side of things... don't get me started on things like 3 minute rage timers on bosses... really???? I play single player without buying anything from the AH or RMAH, and quite frankly... a few of the bosses in hell will take me longer than 3 minutes to drop.

"Fixing" gem costs where the fix is only applied to gems that drop for free in hell??? All higher gems are still stupidly high to craft???

Blizzard needs to stop trying to micro manage how people want to play their game so that it directs them to the RMAH.
CAn you personally notice the difference in drops throughout the game? since release to now? i doubt it...my opinion is blizz is just trying to get people to use all of the tools available to play the game. and yes that does mean the RMAH, but they are also a business...i think its fun and enjoyable...if u dislike, eject the cd, and put it on the shelf for some other day...
Old June 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
CAn you personally notice the difference in drops throughout the game? since release to now? i doubt it...my opinion is blizz is just trying to get people to use all of the tools available to play the game. and yes that does mean the RMAH, but they are also a business...i think its fun and enjoyable...if u dislike, eject the cd, and put it on the shelf for some other day...
The problem is IMO that there is no content... You beat normal mode in like 12 hours and then you grind... I know Diablo II was the same way but I expected a little for from a newer title. When Diablo II came it was a great game and some people still love it which is fine but at the end of the day I can find plenty of other games for free where you do nothing but grind.

The only thing I really liked in the game that you can't get in most other games was the lore books you would find. Unfortunately you get 90% of them in your first 5 hours of play time. If all the acts were as long and as good as Act 1 I would be pretty happy with the game. At the end of the day is it a $60 game? Not IMHO and they aren't adding any new content that you aren't getting charged for so by the time your game is worth $60 you are paying for an expansion and your cost goes up to $120.

Also there are still a number of game breaking bugs that need to be ironed out... For example the witch doctors slow not working some times... An 80% slow for 8 seconds and mobs just rush right over the area and kill you. Honestly they should have reset everyone's progress after they fixed the DH and Monk skills because a lot of people are profiting right now off of beating the game in 2-3 days before the hotfixes came out so they were invincible and could just stack straight damage. The lack of polish and care really shows in this game for me.

TL;DR The game costs a lot more than it is worth, Act 1 is good, Act 2 is decent but Act 3 and 4 are rushed and lack content and the game has very low replay value.

For $60 Guild Wars 2 is a better buy for just the beta which you can only play one weekend a month. You will see more content in one weekend than you would in a month with D3.

Last edited by JJThomp; June 20, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Strangely enough, the way I play (slow and steady farming to up gear before advancing to next level) works fine with the latest patch other than the stupidly high repair costs (and even those aren't too bad for me as my gear isn't all that high of a level), and a lower return of cash at the end of an act. I actually play they game the way they're trying to force people into and my levels of money have dropped.

OTOH, I will admit that drops for my act III hell runs have improved, and I can actually craft enough of the mid/high end armour pieces to make it worthwhile trying.

That's not the point though... the point is that I actually got lucky this time around that they didn't nerf my own personal style of gaming too badly, but they did affect a great number of the dedicated gamers who put the time in to play the game and find the (this is blizz's word not mine) "exploits". They provided so little content in the game that the hunt for decent loot is the game and that involves doing the kind of things they keep shutting down.

I do however reject the RMAH completely... it's nothing but an attempt at a cash cow that they're hoping to port over to WOW if they can iron the bugs out of it.... it might be a good idea for a MMO, but it sucks for a single player (with co-op if you wish) ARPG.

And no.... I don't want to leave the game sitting on the shelf... I want them to provide the game that they should have produced in the first place, or barring that, change the name to something like PayToPlay WoW light instead of besmirching the Diablo name.

Old June 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
For $60 Guild Wars 2 is a better buy for just the beta which you can only play one weekend a month. You will see more content in one weekend than you would in a month with D3.
The thing is though you can't compare an mmo to a hack-and-slash rpg game. That would be saying I get more gameplay out of the SWTOR story line then I do BF3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
All The Legendary Items both myself and my wife have gotten have been from Pots/ Tortured Corpses... Now where the hell are we going to find any? haha Blizzard pretty much is just trying to push it so more people use the AH for real money that way they can get more money. I miss real games.. why does everything multiplayer have to be so terrible. I swear if they **** Borderlands 2 up I'm done with gaming haha.
I really don't see them screwing up BL2. They are building on what they did well and improve on some of the weak points. They aren't re-engineering the game up several times as I believe D3 was. D3 is still quite a bit of fun, for the most part, though will we be playing it when BL2 comes out, probably not as I forsee that game being better in the end.
Old June 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
Rookie

Got to say I'm glad I got a refund before 1.0.3 dropped. Looks like sh!t hit the fan even further

Gladly moved my hard earned money over to a game that really deserves it and pre-purchased GW2 :) I had more fun in a single and limited beta weekend in GW2 than I had in the 25 hours I gave Diablo III, and I really truly tried to sort out the bugs, tried different play styles, and attempted to utilize the auction house as its intended replacement for a loot system, but man alive aside from the initial 10 hour game it was simply not entertaining.

Quote:
The thing is though you can't compare an mmo to a hack-and-slash rpg game. That would be saying I get more gameplay out of the SWTOR story line then I do BF3.
You can't compare gameplay styles sure, but you can compare fun - the universal language of entertainment. I play lots of different genres and enjoy them all. Comparing the "fun" factor of D3 to say GW2, BF3 or heck, Minecraft is a relative observation sure, but an entirely valid comparison.

Content may be a general measurement of the amount of "fun" one can have in a game. A $60 game that provides 60 hours of unique, interesting, replayment and therefore fun , content, winds up equaling a $1/hour of entertainment! In Diablo III's case, maybe you did manage to enjoy the first 10 hours, but for the next 20 you kept plodding through just HOPING things would improve. Well then you are sitting at $3/hour of entertainment and $6/hour of actual fun.

Thus the game that provides the most "fun"/hour becomes the better buy.

Last edited by bainne; June 20, 2012 at 06:08 PM.