Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this is why I didn't even bother buying the game I just played the beta and tried every char on it and when I discovered that I had know real control of my stat points I decided that I would wait for a while like until they patch it or hopefully change it I have been playing D2 regularly so far I have 5 Chars around level 92
Old June 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
No such thing as a "different build" in this game.... the only difference would be gear, and that's what the large stash is for.

After talking about it, I'm back to doing hell NV runs for cash / crafting materials. Maybe I can keep myself occupied doing that until TL2 is released, and/or they release a major patch for DIII that completely changes the game mechanics / philosophy.
What? Of courses there are different builds. You use different talents/abilities/passive abilities and your build is different.

I just changed several things on my current build and I've been able to survive a lot better in hell act 1 then I was before. I changed 2 abilities and 2 passive abilities, to me that's sort of changing my build as I'm now playing the character differently.
Old June 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
What? Of courses there are different builds. You use different talents/abilities/passive abilities and your build is different.

I just changed several things on my current build and I've been able to survive a lot better in hell act 1 then I was before. I changed 2 abilities and 2 passive abilities, to me that's sort of changing my build as I'm now playing the character differently.
As in "no need to create a different character if you already have one of that class"..... in my mind, a "new build" means that you want to try a barb with a different skillset than the one you currently have so you start a new one from scratch.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 16, 2012, 09:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Ah, that's where we differ then.

On another note, I god damn hate arcane enemies, along with those frigin trees..
Old June 16, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Ah, that's where we differ then.

On another note, I god damn hate arcane enemies, along with those frigin trees..
my eyes are not as good as they used to be because I thought it read
"I god damn hate arcane enemas"
Old June 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

yeah... i've also reached the point where upgrades for my main char cost millions not thousands. Though I've now also gotten my barb to 60 but not struggling with the crap equip i have for him, so I've moved back to my demon hunter as hes only level 40 and i've been getting far too many dh equipment drops. Once I hit about 45 I have at least 1 new item per level for the dh, its ridiculous. monk is still at lvl 54 and doing well enough, needs quite a bit more work still though.

I'm thinking of starting to sit back and just wait for a couple patches or at least 1.0.3 where the drop rates improve and i might have a chance to proceed to advance to act 2 inferno with my wizard, getting 1 hitted by norms is ridiculous where i could just about tank act1.

Though today I got 2 legendary items, 1 from dh, 1 from monk, and they were both completely useless due to the low levels of those chars at the time. Really irked me.

Builds, while not nearly as flexible, gems become the main way to change your stats, and with how many points you actually get from leveling you wouldnt have much to play with anyways. Changing skillsets is the real new build though
Old June 18, 2012, 02:08 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Anyone have a gust pass key left over? I thought I would try it out.
Thanks.
Old June 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
As in "no need to create a different character if you already have one of that class"..... in my mind, a "new build" means that you want to try a barb with a different skillset than the one you currently have so you start a new one from scratch.
I'm not a big fan of the skill system in D3. I didn't mind having to make new characters of the same class in D2. I even made, for funsies, a holy boltadin.... maxing holy bolt and every synergy I could. It was hilarious (especially with a really high FCR) to play even though it was my fourth paladin on that account, the others being a learning char (all the wrong skills), hammerdin, and smiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Anyone have a gust pass key left over? I thought I would try it out.
Thanks.
I'll check once I get home (authenticator is there) in an hour or so, I should have all of mine still.

EDIT: nevermind, I guess the digital version of the game doesn't include guest passes.

Last edited by Fleurious; June 18, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old June 18, 2012, 02:24 PM
Allstar

played 70 hours and realized what am I doing wasting my life on this piece of poop

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old June 18, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hahahahah just found this on reddit.

ahaha and then a few posts down.

soooo true. Started off as the first one, then became the 2nd one.