Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2012, 11:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well here's some history for you on proc.

It originally was called special procedure, then was shortened to spec_proc, and has over the years been reduced down to just proc.
Old June 6, 2012, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thank you Arinoth!

I don't know why but it bothered me to not know what it meant.

"it bothers me that it bothers me! that shouldn't bother me!" LOL
Old June 6, 2012, 05:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post

Just for fun guys lets hear your 'favorite' combination of worst 4 'procs' on champion packs and rares.
Vortex, fast, invulnerable.

I can't even kite them since they're too fast. I'm only on Hell Act II though, so I've only run into 3 abilities. If you added extra health, freeze, or mortar it would suck royally.
Old June 6, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
JJThomp I know what it means when they say proc but what word does proc actually stand for? What is it short for? I know I'm being a nit picker but it bothers me that everyones uses this word in which I feel noone even knows what they are saying. None that I have played with have been able to tell me :P

Don't you love Frozen, Mortar, Arcane, Invul Minions?

Just for fun guys lets hear your 'favorite' combination of worst 4 'procs' on champion packs and rares.
It actually stands for procedure, it's kind of like meta-game the term means one thing and everyone overuses it and it's definition expands giving proc a whole new definition from its original procedure.

And for the second part Jailer, fast, mortar, and extra health. I tried for so long but I just couldn't beat them (Lacuni stalkers so they were already fast and jumpy to begin with). I actually ran into two packs standing together one was Vortex, plagued, waller, with extra health and the other was vortex, desecrater, jailer and extra health... I ended up remaking the game (it was act II inferno so it was hard enough before hand)

P.S Since when did 12 hours of content that you are meant to play over 4 times become acceptable for a major title? Honestly this game has no content and is just a constant gear treadmill I have no idea how they got away with charging $60. Plays more like a $15 game to me. I wouldn't even play it if it wasn't for my friends.

Last edited by JJThomp; June 6, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old June 6, 2012, 07:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

My young lad gave me a 650 DPS rare single handed weapon with -11 LVL for fathers day.... LVL 60 weapon that can be equiped by a lvl 49.... :)

I took it despite my reservations about using stuff I haven't found / farmed myself, and does it ever make a difference compared to my 185DPS weapon... with the added strength bonus that was on it my DPS went from around 1700 to around 6500 which helps "return damage as life" as well.....

It's a perfect example of how using the AH will greatly affect the longevity of the game. I was already lvl 58 so it wasn't that far above where I was anywise, but I was still running act I hell so wouldn't have seen anything remotely like it for quite some time.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 7, 2012, 04:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
P.S Since when did 12 hours of content that you are meant to play over 4 times become acceptable for a major title? Honestly this game has no content and is just a constant gear treadmill I have no idea how they got away with charging $60. Plays more like a $15 game to me. I wouldn't even play it if it wasn't for my friends.
Welcome to today's gaming community. Look at BF3 story line, COD story line, they are mainly filler for people to play and replay and continue to play multiplayer.

Personally I am not complaining about the length of Diablo IIIs campaign because I believe people are suffering from nostalgia preventing them from remembering how short of a story/campaign D2 was (probably 15 hours)

Also, why is this even part of the randomly generated words for an item?

Last edited by Arinoth; June 7, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old June 7, 2012, 05:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Old June 7, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Welcome to today's gaming community. Look at BF3 story line, COD story line, they are mainly filler for people to play and replay and continue to play multiplayer.

Personally I am not complaining about the length of Diablo IIIs campaign because I believe people are suffering from nostalgia preventing them from remembering how short of a story/campaign D2 was (probably 15 hours)

Also, why is this even part of the randomly generated words for an item?

Atleast in bf3 the multiplayer is different from the campaign in diablo3 multiplayer is just playing the same.content you have already played through 4 times. Also diablo2 needed to fit on a disk but it was still a bit.longer.

Thats a pretty sweet item, i wohld be forced to use.it.if i was a female character.
Old June 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hahaha that is an awesome name. I have seen some funny ones. I picked up a follower item called "wicked herb" before. :D
Old June 7, 2012, 10:58 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Someone on the official forums posted this to mock D3

Satan 1: A Diablo 3 Clone

I have to admit, I had more fun spamming F5 than playing D3. I'm going to wait for the first expansion before I reinstall D3, hopefully it's playable by then.