Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow gotta hand it to Blizzard. Last night I only spent about half hour spamming my password. This had to have been the smoothest launch ever for a game of this size.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_brent View Post
Disagree 100%..yes Diablo 1 was most fun in multi but d2and this d3 (from what I can tell) have good stories ...
Diablo 2 had a good story, but not a great story, and it certainly wasn't the reason why people kept playing the game for years on end.

Diablo 3 will be the same.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Wow. This is easily the best physical box I've picked up in some time, even compared to a some collectors editions. A proper manual, a box that had some effort put into it, a note pad and about 20 guest pass things (I exagerate but there were a lot)

I ended up not worrying about the CE, in the end I figured I just wanted to play the game and from the sounds of it they were all swiped up last night. I'm just hoping all the connection issues are gone now.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

If you ask me, the Diablo head should have been a USB hub, so then the soulstone would light up when it was placed in it.

Anywho, I scored a poster from someone who went to the midnight release at FS, apparently only the first 4 people got the poster, a Diablo mousepad and were able to buy a collectors ed.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

No Joy on the servers yet for me. They got swamped it seems by a lot of people trying to play.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
Diablo 2 had a good story, but not a great story, and it certainly wasn't the reason why people kept playing the game for years on end.

Diablo 3 will be the same.
If you take ur time and immerse urself and read all the lore etc..its very easy to get buried in
Old May 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

And the servers are down till 1:30 apparently as blizzard makes emergency fixes.... Wasnt this the ENTIRE point of the beta? Good job blizzard and one more reason I will always disagree with the requirement of online for the single player portion....
Old May 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
And the servers are down till 1:30 apparently as blizzard makes emergency fixes.... Wasnt this the ENTIRE point of the beta? Good job blizzard and one more reason I will always disagree with the requirement of online for the single player portion....
Nothing less should be expected. No massive online game will ever launch and stay launched smoothly for 48 hours without tweaking and or patching. I'm actually amazed at how well it went. I was playing 30 minutes after launch.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Nothing less should be expected. No massive online game will ever launch and stay launched smoothly for 48 hours without tweaking and or patching. I'm actually amazed at how well it went. I was playing 30 minutes after launch.
Lucky you, took me a solid 40 minutes to actually log in, and I couldn't even get past the character creation screen.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:57 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

You arent really enticing me to buy it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
It's a grindfest. Diablo 1 was literally just a grindfest, and Diablo 2 was a grindfest with a storyline.

Quite frankly the only reason you play the game is multiplayer. While Diablo 3 tries to help that bit with more of a storyline this time, the core draw is multiplayer. Just you and 3 other people fighting off the hordes of hell for hours on end. And when you manage to beat it: Nope. Increase difficulty. Attempt it again.