Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just want to go to the top of a mountain and tell the world how excited I am LOL. Honestly I have not been excited about a video game since the original diablo. :banan afunky:
Old May 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Went to FS and there was a line of probably 20 or so in front of me. Store only had 6 CE's so I didn't get one and they ran out of the steel cases like 3 people before me, so that was a pointless trip :(
Old May 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Damn I wentto the FS to peep the scene and wow quite a bit of people. Just going to go back in 25 minutes
since it's 3 minutes away.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

So, did anyone get to play last night?

I got as far as character creation, but it kept timing out when I hit "create character". Tried till 1 am, and went to bed.

Anyone with eyefinity give it a go?
Old May 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Have the day off, broke down went to WalMart and bought a copy for myself and one for my uncle.

I had to scour the electronics section because none were on display, the sales associate asked if it was an Xbox game, lol.

Old May 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Pull my nerd card if you want but I cant say I ever played any of the Diablos. Is it really that fun? Seems everyone loves it.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Pull my nerd card if you want but I cant say I ever played any of the Diablos. Is it really that fun? Seems everyone loves it.
It's a grindfest. Diablo 1 was literally just a grindfest, and Diablo 2 was a grindfest with a storyline.

Quite frankly the only reason you play the game is multiplayer. While Diablo 3 tries to help that bit with more of a storyline this time, the core draw is multiplayer. Just you and 3 other people fighting off the hordes of hell for hours on end. And when you manage to beat it: Nope. Increase difficulty. Attempt it again.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
It's a grindfest. Diablo 1 was literally just a grindfest, and Diablo 2 was a grindfest with a storyline.

Quite frankly the only reason you play the game is multiplayer. While Diablo 3 tries to help that bit with more of a storyline this time, the core draw is multiplayer. Just you and 3 other people fighting off the hordes of hell for hours on end. And when you manage to beat it: Nope. Increase difficulty. Attempt it again.
Disagree 100%..yes Diablo 1 was most fun in multi but d2and this d3 (from what I can tell) have good stories ...
Old May 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I managed to log in about 4:15 EST. Slept through my alarm till 3:30ish, 45 min to log in and create a toon. Played till 7:15, solid 3 hours with 4 other buddies. We got to level 15/16ish, and I think we stopped after the Butcher.

It is an absolute BLAST to play with buddies, doesnt have any of the grindy feel that D2 did, and combat is exciting, thrilling even. The mobs sure do get beefy fast with 4 players, and death always feels a possibility. Great game. Now, that being said, is it 'revolutionary'? No. But should it be? I dont think so, its Diablo!

If you liked D2, D3 is by far and away better in every sense, combat, story, art and graphics, characters. I'm very much looking forward to quitting hour
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I managed to log in about 4:15 EST. Slept through my alarm till 3:30ish, 45 min to log in and create a toon. Played till 7:15, solid 3 hours with 4 other buddies. We got to level 15/16ish, and I think we stopped after the Butcher.

It is an absolute BLAST to play with buddies, doesnt have any of the grindy feel that D2 did, and combat is exciting, thrilling even. The mobs sure do get beefy fast with 4 players, and death always feels a possibility. Great game. Now, that being said, is it 'revolutionary'? No. But should it be? I dont think so, its Diablo!

If you liked D2, D3 is by far and away better in every sense, combat, story, art and graphics, characters. I'm very much looking forward to quitting hour
How do you want me to work now

Can't wait until 6 PM to be home!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware