Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 21, 2012, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

I agree, calling this a beta really does belittle the word. Would something bad have happened if they had say opened up more of the game for just the weekend?

The only thing that will be tested in this beta is their servers. Which on more than one occasion have not passed the test.
Old April 21, 2012, 02:53 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

No voice in game, WTF!? How are you supposed to coordinate in in co-op! (this didn't used to be an issue but I can't host my own TS server on my current net connection and nobody else I routinely game with seems to be able to set one up properly)
Old April 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I agree, calling this a beta really does belittle the word. Would something bad have happened if they had say opened up more of the game for just the weekend?

The only thing that will be tested in this beta is their servers. Which on more than one occasion have not passed the test.
Calling it a beta is pretty messed up I agree. It's more like a demo.

But as far as testing goes it's been said time and time again since beta opened the main use of it was for stress testing the servers. most bug hunting and all that was done 'in house'.
Old April 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Calling it a beta is pretty messed up I agree. It's more like a demo.

But as far as testing goes it's been said time and time again since beta opened the main use of it was for stress testing the servers. most bug hunting and all that was done 'in house'.
They could call this the D3 Demo and it would have gotten as much hype as calling it a beta.
Old April 21, 2012, 11:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

whats the point of a beta that just stress tests? Sure I could understand that being the reason of this weekend mainly but for the entire thing? Bug hunting and feedback is what betas are all about.
Old April 22, 2012, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, if that's what happens with 10 years of Blizzards work then I'm pretty amazed. It's 3D Diablo 2, with less engaging graphics and much less fun gameplay. I'd pick Diablo 2 over it any day.
Old April 22, 2012, 08:55 AM
MVP
F@H

I love it. Haters gonna hate I guess.

You guys saw that giant window right next to the login boxes that said this was a stress test, right.... right?
Old April 22, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

the game pay area seems smaller, less dungeons at least in the first part, in D2 you had more area and more dungeons where there area elite monsters which you could kill, I used to like ( in D2) joining a baal game and porting to all of the other main bosses in the game to Magic Find which worked out for everyone in game because if there was anything that was worth something but I didn't need I would just go to town and drop the finds then let the other players know
Old April 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeival View Post

You guys saw that giant window right next to the login boxes that said this was a stress test, right.... right?
It's still fun, just... I woulda expected a bit more from 10 years of improvement on D2. And the game launches in less than a month... they're not really gonna change anything about it in that much time.
Old April 22, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeival View Post

I love you! It makes me sad to see all this bandwagon hoppin haterism.

THis game is a vast improvement over d2. d2 looks like shit. And it has outdated imba gameplay.