Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 08:46 AM
TimTheEnchanter's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 841
Default

Maybe, phoenix. We have to expect a big DRM system for sure.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 08:51 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,602

My System Specs

Default

I wont be surprised if local multiplayer and open battle.net we saw in D2 will be gone as it is in SC2
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Shore Montreal
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I wont be surprised if local multiplayer and open battle.net we saw in D2 will be gone as it is in SC2
Well I think no LAN is a pretty safe bet. I don't see why they couldn't do open battle.net though, nothing from SC2 suggests that to me. If they allow custom maps in SC2, I don't see why they wouldn't allow similar customizations to D3 which would have to be played 'open'.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 10:23 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,602

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Well I think no LAN is a pretty safe bet. I don't see why they couldn't do open battle.net though, nothing from SC2 suggests that to me. If they allow custom maps in SC2, I don't see why they wouldn't allow similar customizations to D3 which would have to be played 'open'.
Open b.net for D2 essentially just allowed people with single player character and those who hacked theirs to play online with others as it didn't check your character for inconsistencies
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 159

My System Specs

Default

I'm sure it'll run the same basic system as SC2(offline "guest mode", online everything else) So hacked chars shouldn't be seeing light on b.net MP games.

The way it runs the hardware, that's funny, seeings how SC2 doesn't even get my system above 55c, I don't get what people are complaining about.

D3 will be crap, just like D2 but suckers will buy it since it's a blizzavision game.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Shore Montreal
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Open b.net for D2 essentially just allowed people with single player character and those who hacked theirs to play online with others as it didn't check your character for inconsistencies
It also allowed people to play modded games online.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old August 26, 2010, 11:29 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 211

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inate8 View Post
The way it runs the hardware, that's funny, seeings how SC2 doesn't even get my system above 55c, I don't get what people are complaining about.
yea, but majority of the people who like the game barely had a system/vid card good enough to run it on decent settings... and it really showed people how bad their cases were for cooling.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2010, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,569

My System Specs

Default

Bumping a dead thread but: D3 Demon Hunter looks awesome.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,602

My System Specs

Default

Saw the videos on game trailers. Looks like this is their replacement to the Amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old October 22, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Shore Montreal
Posts: 1,945
Default

First thing that came to my mind was

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gamer comp - Diablo 3 and later Alexanderrazz New Builds 3 June 26, 2010 06:00 PM
Diablo 2 Arinoth Gaming 21 June 8, 2010 10:49 AM
In honour of Diablo 3 Arinoth Gaming 101 November 23, 2009 08:00 AM
Diablo 3 - PLEASE! TwystedMonkey Gaming 52 September 20, 2008 06:21 AM
Diablo 3 : What we know so far TwystedMonkey Gaming 16 July 3, 2008 10:34 PM