Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2012, 03:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Don't forget Warcraft Adventures or Adventures of Warcraft or whatever it was called. It was ultimately scrapped in favour of WoW, but it was supposed to be an adventure game following the story of Thrall. I remember seeing concept art and screens in an issue of PC Gamer back in the day...

Anyways, I've played the beta of D3 to the end, but am I the only one that's sort of underwhelmed by the game? Was I expecting too much?
Old March 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
Don't forget Warcraft Adventures or Adventures of Warcraft or whatever it was called. It was ultimately scrapped in favour of WoW, but it was supposed to be an adventure game following the story of Thrall. I remember seeing concept art and screens in an issue of PC Gamer back in the day...

Anyways, I've played the beta of D3 to the end, but am I the only one that's sort of underwhelmed by the game? Was I expecting too much?

Oh man I have the episode of PCgamer sitting in my moms basement somewhere. I gotta go nab it and get a pic up :P.

Personally I was not underwhelmed with d3 at all. What more can you expect from a 90 minute play through? Not to mention the intro to a game which is always a walk in the park. They say.. "You will Die. We promise".
:D
Old March 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

They made d3 beta much harder with this last patch a couple days ago. Elites move so much faster, all monsters do much more damage and you can no longer just stand there and not die. I actually have to kite stuff with my frost slow now. :)

Update lol?: I just died...... wow.... awesome!

Died twice trying to kill the same pack of elites. It also appears as though they added to the 'randomization' of areas.

I've also been feared several times which is new, as well encountering Poison carrion.

Last edited by Pabz0r545; March 19, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old March 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
They made d3 beta much harder with this last patch a couple days ago. Elites move so much faster, all monsters do much more damage and you can no longer just stand there and not die. I actually have to kite stuff with my frost slow now. :)

Update lol?: I just died...... wow.... awesome!

Died twice trying to kill the same pack of elites. It also appears as though they added to the 'randomization' of areas.
Fair enough. Maybe I give it another go and see if this new iteration changes my mind.
Old March 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post

You know I get the same impression off the beta. I have to be missing something... it just seenms like a polished diabloII
Old March 21, 2012, 09:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbringer71 View Post
You know I get the same impression off the beta. I have to be missing something... it just seenms like a polished diabloII
It is an extreme polished Diablo 2. And that is what most people indicated and have ranted at Blizzard to produce.

Had they changed the mechanics too far, and detracted from the game play that we had grown used too the outcry would have been in the extreme.

Purists want the D2 experience in 2012 technology. I think and feel that D3 at least in the BETA delivers that...they have made it harder now 'You will die" is a true reality when playing the latest Beta.

I think while Blizzard has lost its sight entirely on what made WoW fun, they have kept true to the Core of D3 and it will be a success.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 21, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
the outcry would have been in the extreme.
Have you read the forums at all? OMG it's sickening. The outcry is already extreme. Every single decision they have made for the game there has been a bzillion whiners and QQers on the forums. Not to mention the hillarious empty threats of "I'm not purchasing D3 anymore" or "I cancelled my pre order because [insert game system here]". I mean, I feel they could have changed a couple things or done it differently but all in all I have faith they are going to make a great game, just like all of their past games.
Old March 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's like when they first released screenshots and people were bitching because the colours were to colourful.
Old March 27, 2012, 11:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Diablo 3 "Part of Me" (Katy Perry Parody) - TerenceJayMusic - YouTube
Old March 30, 2012, 05:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Sooo true, we all should start working out.