Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well using the official Auction house only gives you cash towards Blizzard stuff. It's more like getting a store credit than actual cash.
Old March 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I want the game so I can start as soon as the servers are running , I miss the rush in D2 when ladder reset happens and then just a huge rush of players trying to level . but by the looks of things I won't be playing he first day. I am wondering even if they are going to have Ladders with hard core softcore
Old March 17, 2012, 07:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

Why would they not have the ladders?
Old March 17, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Well using the official Auction house only gives you cash towards Blizzard stuff. It's more like getting a store credit than actual cash.
Not correct at all...... unless they've gone through major changes that slipped under my radar.

You have the option of cashing out money to paypal directly after a sale on the RMAH. You can chose to cash it out or put it into your 'blizzard bucks' account. They key to this is that you cannot just save up money on your blizzard account then cash it out. You have to chose if you are going to cash it out to paypal or put it into your blizzard account right at the point of sale. If the money goes into the blizzard account it cannot be cashed out and has to be spend either in a blizzard game or in the blizzard store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I want the game so I can start as soon as the servers are running , I miss the rush in D2 when ladder reset happens and then just a huge rush of players trying to level . but by the looks of things I won't be playing he first day. I am wondering even if they are going to have Ladders with hard core softcore
I'm not sure how ladders worked in d2 but they have decided to remove PvP for the launch of the game and will be including it in the first major patch. I'm sure there will be ladders.
Old March 17, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While We Waited for Diablo III...
Old March 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Not correct at all...... unless they've gone through major changes that slipped under my radar.

You have the option of cashing out money to paypal directly after a sale on the RMAH. You can chose to cash it out or put it into your 'blizzard bucks' account. They key to this is that you cannot just save up money on your blizzard account then cash it out. You have to chose if you are going to cash it out to paypal or put it into your blizzard account right at the point of sale. If the money goes into the blizzard account it cannot be cashed out and has to be spend either in a blizzard game or in the blizzard store.
Well that has changed since the RMAH was announced, however they still don't specify which regions will be able to do this. For all you know it will only be the South Koreans or US only.

Looks like there could be quite a few fees though: listing fee, sale fee, cash-out fee, and possibly paypal fee (or whatever account you cash-out to).
Old March 17, 2012, 02:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Yep a lot has come and gone, hopefully D3 in its entirety isn't another Duke Nukem...
Old March 17, 2012, 03:36 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Yep a lot has come and gone, hopefully D3 in its entirety isn't another Duke Nukem...
Blasphemy! Mentioning those 2 games in one sentence.

I didn't play a lot of 1 or 2, but I am going to be picking up 3 after playing the beta these past few weeks.

I'm guessing this leaves Valve with the longest awaited/expected game...
Old March 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Honestly I'm not exited for D3 any more, they hyped it up so long ago and now I will probably wait for guild wars 2 to come out.
Old March 17, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
We had this discussion the other day and he got mad at me for saying stuff like this :P He asked if he should pre-order it and I said I'd wait for reviews since in history games that get over hyped have a tendency to fall flat like Duke Nukem and SC2