Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2015, 06:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Eh. Patch is pritty minor really. I'm unimpressed with the new monk shit. Blizzard still hates monks, although I guess they did us a favor in not spamming explosions any more. Yay no more Carpal Tunnel?

Guess I'll go back over to the DH. :(
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old January 17, 2015, 06:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well. I stand corrected.

Ive played this a bit more, and I have to say the new monk set/playstyle is much MUCH better then the old monk playstyle.

I'm really enjoying it. Mindless slaying of demons is a great time killer after a tough physical and mental day at work.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old January 18, 2015, 12:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I still can't believe you got that op staff of yours.. like it's probably top 100 in the world . :P
Asus PG348Q + Dell U3415W
Asus Z270 Prime
16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 mhz
Samsung 850 Pro 500gb
Crucial MX500 1TB
Crucial MC300 500GB x2
Corsair RM750i
Corsair Obsidian 750D
Razer Deathadder Chroma 2018
Logitech G710 +
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
Audioengine A2+ Speakers

Old January 18, 2015, 08:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It is pritty good, isnt it?

If the IAS was LPSS, it would probably be godly. Unfortunately (if you can say that at all for it dropping) it rolled VIT and IAS, so the reroll was fairly easy to decide
Old January 19, 2015, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

it rolled VIT and IAS, so the reroll was fairly easy to decide
Ehh...I would have kept the vit and rolled off the IAS. Vit is really handy, whereas IAS doesn't do a hell of a lot for you (other than e-peen value of making the dps look higher)
Old January 19, 2015, 08:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Ehh...I would have kept the vit and rolled off the IAS. Vit is really handy, whereas IAS doesn't do a hell of a lot for you (other than e-peen value of making the dps look higher)
Actually, I'm not 100% it was VIT. I remember it was definitely the worst of the rolls, but I could be wrong. I never really thought about it that way.
Old January 20, 2015, 10:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by implosion222 View Post
The new DH M6 is beyond this world. I crit 600-700m with Kridershot. Can't wait to get my hands on ancient items now!
No 600M-700M crits for me. Mostly 200-300M. I hated the new play style at first, but now I kinda enjoy it. Haven't had much luck in the in the way of ancients, although I did get a new pair of Ancient Pants.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old January 20, 2015, 03:31 PM
MVP

I'm playing my DH and not getting these crits. Can you tell me about your build?
Old January 20, 2015, 06:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC View Post
I'm playing my DH and not getting these crits. Can you tell me about your build?
My build is a basic 2.1.2 DH Cold Build, detailed here -> [2.1.2] Ultimate End-Game M6 (Detailed Guide) - Demon Hunter - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans

It was a bit hard for me to switch from a 4.15BP build to a really slow two-handed, but the damage output is pretty sweet, coupled with less resource use. Basically, much more ooomp for the same amount of resource.

I use a gimped Hellfire Amulet with passive Cull The Weak (with only 70% +CHD), but this allows me to add the Steady Aim passive. I also have ~30% +CA damage. You also want as much +RCR% and at least 30% +CDR for this to be effective.

I'm hoping to find more Ancient Marauder pieces soon myself, so I can up my DEX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

It is pritty good, isnt it?

If the IAS was LPSS, it would probably be godly. Unfortunately (if you can say that at all for it dropping) it rolled VIT and IAS, so the reroll was fairly easy to decide
Regardless, that thing is just effing INSANE!

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches

Last edited by Xeven; January 20, 2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old January 29, 2015, 12:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hi, All:

I don't find a lot of time to play, but I've been slowly working on my monk over the past couple of months. I finally found decent enough items to up my damage output, so that I can farm higher difficulties and get better items...to increase my damage. I'm currently farming Torment IV rifts, and doing Grifts around 20-22.

Anyway, this is my monk: Smacky - Community - Diablo III

My current strategy is basically constant sweeping wind and mystic ally, regular use of seven-sided strike (recent change from dashing strike, to make better use of the daibo's strengths--though I miss the mobility).

Hoped for gear improvements: better diabo, better synergy gloves (I have sunwoko's and the raiment gloves, but get better damage with these on), better synergy amulet, perhaps replace Wyrdwynd ring with something better (though I like Wyrdwynd fine for now).

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve. I'll note that my profile isn't showing the benefits of my rings, and the effect they have on damage. I'm actually running around 750k damage, IIRC (on paper, anyway).

Cheers!