Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2014, 06:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That's similar to the build my young lad is running.

As far as the cache legendaries go, it was a hotfix they applied yesterday. They buffed the Cache legendary drop rate, but more importantly made the drop rate scale with difficulty.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old September 5, 2014, 05:36 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I'm always looking for someone to play with. I'm a Crusader with 15m toughness, generally running T5 atm.

Crandall#1649 is my battletag
Old September 5, 2014, 01:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Anyone still wanting a RoRG hit up bounties on T6. Apparently legendaries are guaranteed on T6. Getting the right legendary on the other hand isn't. 10/10 on A1 cache legs and 0/10 on RoRGs so far :/

In other news, Harrington Waistguard + Flying Dragon does give some sexy dps numbers:
Tried 1 T5 A1 bounty run and got RoRG on first cache

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old September 5, 2014, 02:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

Started playing again recently and have been trying to buff my DH. I've been playing a barb for the most part (95%), but I finally relented in trying a DH build. How are "seasons"? Anything interesting going on there?

Zenrah - Community - Diablo III

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old September 6, 2014, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Iv recently turned my do into my gold farmer what with glad gloves chest price that drops gold on hit and those ferrets making gems is dumb pricey.
Old September 7, 2014, 08:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post
Started playing again recently and have been trying to buff my DH. I've been playing a barb for the most part (95%), but I finally relented in trying a DH build. How are "seasons"? Anything interesting going on there?

Zenrah - Community - Diablo III
Seasons just give you a reset (everyone starts at L1) and has some items you cannot currently obtain in non-seasonal rounds. Once the season is over, those toons will roll over to non-seasonal (adding any paragon/gold/etc to your main account) and it resets, with new characters and items again. I believe currently they are saying 3 months for a season?

Its a race to the top more or less. I know SSW is enjoying it thoroughly (hes nearly P200 already! Wish I was retired too! ) but its not for me. I'll wait to get my +3 Sweeping wind item in 3 months
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 7, 2014, 08:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Seasons just give you a reset (everyone starts at L1) and has some items you cannot currently obtain in non-seasonal rounds. Once the season is over, those toons will roll over to non-seasonal (adding any paragon/gold/etc to your main account) and it resets, with new characters and items again. I believe currently they are saying 3 months for a season?

Its a race to the top more or less. I know SSW is enjoying it thoroughly (hes nearly P200 already! Wish I was retired too! ) but its not for me. I'll wait to get my +3 Sweeping wind item in 3 months
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the idea behind seasons/ladders in that it gives a fresh chance to see new kit and progress through the new skills and passives in a more natural progression. I don't concern myself with the leaderboard though, I'm all about personal progression without worrying about what other folks are up to... :)

Some of the new legendary affixes are pretty powerful, to the point where I'm wondering if sets (outside of the current monk two hander fave build) are worth it.

Puts a whole new perspective on things starting from scratch without any cash or gems as well. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old September 8, 2014, 06:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the idea behind seasons/ladders in that it gives a fresh chance to see new kit and progress through the new skills and passives in a more natural progression. I don't concern myself with the leaderboard though, I'm all about personal progression without worrying about what other folks are up to... :)

Some of the new legendary affixes are pretty powerful, to the point where I'm wondering if sets (outside of the current monk two hander fave build) are worth it.

Puts a whole new perspective on things starting from scratch without any cash or gems as well. :)
I put a lot of time into the game this weekend. The sets are worth it. Kind of. They pigeon hole you, a lot.

Zolerath - Community - Diablo III

This spec is absolutely disgusting. the 4 set Sun bonus with the spirit uptime between WotHF and Flying Dragon allows you to spam spirit spenders (in my case SW and Mantra) and pop 3000% Weapon damage constantly. I'm clearing T6 rifts in about 5 min, and can solo GR 30+. But you'll get carpal tunnel real fast if you're not macroing through mouse/keyboard software. The swiftness gem and holy gem also make the DPS retarded. I need to level them up tonight... Before that I was running a lightning build with the storms monk set. It cant compare with the sustained burst of this build.

The demon hunter Maurader 6pc set is the OP one tho. 5 Sentries hitting for 80 mill plus (each sentry) while they AFK to kill bosses? Yeah, that better get nerfed.
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 8, 2014, 07:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... I fully expect both to get nerfed at some point. Just like the WW barb build, Bliz doesn't like to see folks keeping their resources up. :)

My young lad is running pretty much the same build as you (strangely enough including that fairly rare rue ring). I OTOH still don't have a bloody RoRG in spite of the new drop rates.... If I see another Skelly mace I swear I'm gonna upchuck. :)

Old September 8, 2014, 08:07 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Heh... I fully expect both to get nerfed at some point. Just like the WW barb build, Bliz doesn't like to see folks keeping their resources up. :)

My young lad is running pretty much the same build as you (strangely enough including that fairly rare rue ring). I OTOH still don't have a bloody RoRG in spite of the new drop rates.... If I see another Skelly mace I swear I'm gonna upchuck. :)
My goodness you have bad luck with the RoRG. With the T6 guaranteed leg drop from caches. I average 1 RoRG per 3 boxes (yes the math doesn't support this) but I have started to salvage the bad ones.

Also yes the M6 Sentry build will be nerfed in some way. But hopefully it's not just a straight raping. They should increase the DH's effectiveness, but nerf the Sentries. Not just one or the other.

Right now I get sick of reading posts on how to best play the coward ... what a joke