Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Are people referring to this thing?
The one ring to rule them all
Old June 14, 2014, 01:13 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Am I the only one who keeps getting booted while playing barbarians?!
Old June 14, 2014, 01:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Name:  Blizz soon.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  30.7 KB

Who says CSRs can't have a sense of humour? Maybe it's common place on the WoW forums but I think that's the first time I've seen the trademarked blizz "Soon" referred to by staff.... :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old June 17, 2014, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

garggggg..... They've killed One with Everything.... What am i going to do..... All my gear is lightning... I liked it that way...... Gave me an extra primary....... why........ dammit blizzard...... options not limitations..... gahfhhfdghdfg dfg..... mind melting.......

at least dex isn't going to give dodge anymore, though armor is rather unimaginative.

Diablo Fans
Old June 18, 2014, 09:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
garggggg..... They've killed One with Everything.... What am i going to do..... All my gear is lightning... I liked it that way...... Gave me an extra primary....... why........ dammit blizzard...... options not limitations..... gahfhhfdghdfg dfg..... mind melting.......

at least dex isn't going to give dodge anymore, though armor is rather unimaginative.

Diablo Fans
No kidding, plus I already re-rolled most of the secondary stats on my gear to get that OWE resist based on their repeated comments that any changes to OWE would NOT impact current gear. Now I don't even have the option to roll AR on those slots as I've already used my one re-roll on a now all-but-useless secondary.

Really, all they're doing is trading resist for armour, so pretty much a net zero effect overall but we likely lose dodge so really it's a net loss in defence but frees up 1, maybe 2 passive slots which can hopefully be used to offset that.

Guess we'll wait for the PTR and see how things play out. I am having fun with that Raiment set bonus and jawbreaker though. Feels weird being a dps class...
Old June 18, 2014, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
No kidding, plus I already re-rolled most of the secondary stats on my gear to get that OWE resist based on their repeated comments that any changes to OWE would NOT impact current gear. Now I don't even have the option to roll AR on those slots as I've already used my one re-roll on a now all-but-useless secondary.

Really, all they're doing is trading resist for armour, so pretty much a net zero effect overall but we likely lose dodge so really it's a net loss in defence but frees up 1, maybe 2 passive slots which can hopefully be used to offset that.

Guess we'll wait for the PTR and see how things play out. I am having fun with that Raiment set bonus and jawbreaker though. Feels weird being a dps class...
I haven't been playing too much currently, I have been more or less waiting for 2.1 so I don't yet have my full monk set yet sadly.

And yeah.... I have 1k lightning res, the rest coming from paragon mostly, this will destroy my gear and as you say there isn't an easy way to fix it. I'm just hoping that currently they make all res a secondary as well so I don't have to give up dps stats..... wont happen butt..... dammit.
Old June 19, 2014, 08:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I haven't been playing too much currently, I have been more or less waiting for 2.1 so I don't yet have my full monk set yet sadly.

And yeah.... I have 1k lightning res, the rest coming from paragon mostly, this will destroy my gear and as you say there isn't an easy way to fix it. I'm just hoping that currently they make all res a secondary as well so I don't have to give up dps stats..... wont happen butt..... dammit.
I actually just ran all my gear through a comparison tool and it turns out I'll only be taking 4% more dmg with the 2.1 changes than what I take now, and that's with just Harmony as a defensive passive. So it's not as bad as I had feared.

Here's the link to that calc if you want to punch in your own numbers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B16...it?usp=sharing
Old June 19, 2014, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
I actually just ran all my gear through a comparison tool and it turns out I'll only be taking 4% more dmg with the 2.1 changes than what I take now, and that's with just Harmony as a defensive passive. So it's not as bad as I had feared.

Here's the link to that calc if you want to punch in your own numbers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B16...it?usp=sharing
Thanks, I'll have a look and see just what happens to my monk.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzg...it?usp=sharing

Well shit. Almost 30% more damage taken.

Last edited by muse108dc; June 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old June 25, 2014, 02:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Anyone know if the puzzle ring is worth keeping. I dont see it doing anything. Stats I got on mine aren't that bad but the effect it has dont know if its working or just a aesthetic effect.