Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2013, 02:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
I was under the impression that Diablo III sucked? 153 pages can't be wrong?
Every game has people who love it and hate it. I have over 1000 hours on my monks, I guess I like it. I use reviews to get a feeling for the game and how it plays. I decide if I want to spend my money based on how buggy it is, how the company works to iron out problems. Content, I will not know if I like it until I play it. I don't really care if someone else hates it, they don't have to play it!

I have played all of the single player Diablo style games I could get my hands on. Titan Quest, Divine Divinity, Sacred, Sacred 2, etc, and I have enjoyed them all. Diablo 3 is just another one of these.

I will say that I never played any of the other games with people, only solo, so the grouping aspect is different. I also never played something like the Hardcore mode before D3 too, and that is really different! All in all, I have wasted countless hours, and enjoyed them all to varying degrees.

So, 153 pages, can be wrong, if you are the kind of person who likes the game, I guess.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old August 27, 2013, 02:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I expect they'll be looking for another $60 if the release of LOD for DII is any indication. It'll probably be worth it for me as I'm pretty much either a barb or paladin player so the new class will give me a whole new character to level up that I don't have currently.
Same here. I love the basher chars, although the Barb in D3 has left me wanting. I loved sword and board style of play so the Crusader char looks great, in theory :)

Looking forward to the changes, as they look like they are for the better. But then again, we will not really know until they release. Loot 2.0 seems a bit generous to me, but it is all about better gear. I hope they add a few more sets. It can't be that hard to design a good set, I think.

Paragon 2.0 sounds like an answer to the crowd that wants to tweak points. We will see how it works out in game. Folks will still read forums and others will look for that perfect build, and then we will all copy them if it works. Still, it will give us more to tinker with, and that is fine with me.

I just finished getting a monk to 60 in HC the other night, and now 2 Paragon levels. It is the most nerve racking way to play, ever. I lost a monk at lvl 42 through my own stupidity. I like the harsh penalty, it makes the game better, in my opinion. And, I have played only self found or crafted, my HC auction house is a big zero. Wish I could say the same for Softcore :)

Good hunting, may you find an upgrade on your next run!
Old August 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
So, those that never played DII?

Nope, Pretty sure I bought at least 3 (if not more) full battle chest packages to replace worn out disks so a blanket statement of "if you played DII you'll hate DIII" doesn't wash.

Are there things they could improve in the current state of the game? Sure, but the patches they've released over the last year have made a huge difference and I expect loot 2.0 and paragon 2.0 (both of which pretty much promised for release on DIII basic in parallel with the ex pack) will make it a whole different game much like the heavy DII patches you remember as well as the ex pack being as significant as LOD was to DII basic.

It's not perfect, but I give them credit for recognizing that the loot system is completely broken and needs a complete rewrite in order to counter problems inherent to the GAH and RMAH mentality.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 28, 2013, 07:23 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
So, those that never played DII?
D2 is likely the most hours I've spent in any game ever, so it's fair to say that I liked it a lot.

I also really like D3 and have around 1k hours or so clocked on it too.

Just seems to me that many of the people who hated D3 are very vocal about it. The rest of us are too busy playing and having fun to post about it in forums.
Old August 29, 2013, 12:17 PM
Rookie

I loved D2 as well. However, with D3 I feel like they made a big design error. At it's core Diablo is a loot driven game, where you're constantly pushing yourself to play more to get better items etc. The introduction to the auction house really changed that for me. No matter how many hours I logged, my equipment would still be inferior to just buying in the auction house
Old August 29, 2013, 02:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlink1 View Post
I loved D2 as well. However, with D3 I feel like they made a big design error. At it's core Diablo is a loot driven game, where you're constantly pushing yourself to play more to get better items etc. The introduction to the auction house really changed that for me. No matter how many hours I logged, my equipment would still be inferior to just buying in the auction house
I would agree with you except I heard/read about all the people who bought/traded items in D2. So, there was no real AH in D2 but if you had the funds, items, or whatever it was they traded, you could trade. So D2 was just as loot driven but you could get scammed! I think Blizzard wanted to create something where people would not get scammed. Of course there are many people out there who will still get scammed trying to get a better deal, or buying unidentified items, or buying gold for cash at less than the price the RMAH is selling it for. Blizz should have remembered that you can't protect people from themselves!

Anyway; I have used the AH in D3, I sold items and bought items. I spent some actual coin and bought gold to buy items too. <I feel shame, but this is a time for truth> and I can now run any act at MP10 without dying too much. Yes, I would still be low MPs if I was farming myself and not trading or buying and selling items on the AH. This is all in SC.

I have a HC monk at Para 5 now and I have not used the AH, I have not taken items from my buddy who has used the AH (but did not spend money, can you buy HC gold?, I don't know). I am only using drops I find or items I craft. I am still farming MP0 hoping for a DPS drop so I can farm MP1. It is a lot more fun to check the drops hoping for an upgrade, but it is frustrating to have so much crap for each good drop.

So, I am hoping that Loot 2.0 addresses the loot hunt and makes the AH an option, and not the only real solution, to getting better gear. That being said, the gear on the AH had to drop for someone so they could sell it, so it is out there! I can honestly say that I have not had an item drop that would sell for hundreds of millions, ever.

Last edited by Dwayne; August 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: edited 1st para.
Old September 5, 2013, 09:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well good news and bad news :

Good News : I now officially have 4 WD's lvl 60 HardCore on both US (where I normally play), and now EU as well.

Bad News : I'm completely pissed and hope to find ways to win gold or people that would help me out now on EU. I saved/traded etc 100mil worth of gold/gear between US/EU with others to get money to gear the 4 WD's on EU. Went into a game with all of them (New Tristam), purchased the items on the one account dropped the items in game for the other 3 to gear left game to go back out and it kicked all 4 accounts out said "leader has left party" WTF is that! Seriously? So all those items are now gone 117Mil worth of gear.

Emailed Blizzard and they pretty much say to bad so sad buy from us. So angry right now I only told one account to leave not all of them and thats the stupidest thing in the game by far.

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old September 5, 2013, 09:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
Well good news and bad news :

Good News : I now officially have 4 WD's lvl 60 HardCore on both US (where I normally play), and now EU as well.

Bad News : I'm completely pissed and hope to find ways to win gold or people that would help me out now on EU. I saved/traded etc 100mil worth of gold/gear between US/EU with others to get money to gear the 4 WD's on EU. Went into a game with all of them (New Tristam), purchased the items on the one account dropped the items in game for the other 3 to gear left game to go back out and it kicked all 4 accounts out said "leader has left party" WTF is that! Seriously? So all those items are now gone 117Mil worth of gear.

Emailed Blizzard and they pretty much say to bad so sad buy from us. So angry right now I only told one account to leave not all of them and thats the stupidest thing in the game by far.
Silly question, but why wouldn't you just dump the items into your stash?

I got burned in D2 by leaving items on the ground, so if there's a fail-safe way to transfer items then I'm taking it every time.
Old September 5, 2013, 11:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

They were in my stash (when I got them from auction house sent to stash) went into game (which was full with all 4 accounts)

So nobody could join the game and steal the items etc.. I drop on ground to see which items are best for which guys.

Never had an issue before doing this and then went to go back to auction house and it kicks all the accounts out of the game at once says leader left game or some bullcrap thing like that.

Blizzard like usual won't own up to this issue and says oh to bad hope it doesn't take you long to make/buy/sell 100mil on EU again.

So pissed right now.

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old September 5, 2013, 04:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
They were in my stash (when I got them from auction house sent to stash) went into game (which was full with all 4 accounts)

So nobody could join the game and steal the items etc.. I drop on ground to see which items are best for which guys.

Never had an issue before doing this and then went to go back to auction house and it kicks all the accounts out of the game at once says leader left game or some bullcrap thing like that.

Blizzard like usual won't own up to this issue and says oh to bad hope it doesn't take you long to make/buy/sell 100mil on EU again.

So pissed right now.
You could still use d3up to simulate, or at worst just use the in-game item comparison couldn't you?
Just hover over each item while it's in your stash.

No way no how would I ever trust an online game to stay up long enough to risk dropping high value items on the ground like that if I knew I'd lose them if the game exited for some reason.