Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1341 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2013, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,384

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I suspect if you didn't enjoy it for the first 20 lvls then you still won't enjoy it. All of the patches have been geared towards fixing endgame issues (lvl 60+ ).
Yeah the first 20 levels are by far the best part lol
Reply With Quote
  #1342 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2013, 02:33 PM
Tech686239's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 72

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Yeah the first 20 levels are by far the best part lol
The thing is i did enjoy the game for normal mode but the thought of doing that all over again is what got me kind of bored
__________________
"Being fat isn't easy. Try putting on socks."
Reply With Quote
  #1343 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2013, 03:45 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,564

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech686239 View Post
The thing is i did enjoy the game for normal mode but the thought of doing that all over again is what got me kind of bored
And that's really the issue, after you've done one runthrough it's pretty much a loot hunt after that. I'm still enjoying it, but that's the addictive personality traits kicking in. :)
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #1344 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2013, 03:49 PM
Tech686239's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 72

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
And that's really the issue, after you've done one runthrough it's pretty much a loot hunt after that. I'm still enjoying it, but that's the addictive personality traits kicking in. :)
I hear ya. I was totally addicted to D2, and World of Warcraft. I have D3 downloading right now.

What do you recommend i start with? I believe I was playing a barb but can't remember
__________________
"Being fat isn't easy. Try putting on socks."
Reply With Quote
  #1345 (permalink)  
Old March 31, 2013, 05:31 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,564

My System Specs

Default

I'm strictly a melee player and tend towards barbs. From a cost perspective... main stat gem for monk (the other melee char) is also the gem for fav weapon modifier (crit damage) so monk gems are one heck of a lot more expensive than barb gems.
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #1346 (permalink)  
Old April 1, 2013, 07:40 AM
Tech686239's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 72

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'm strictly a melee player and tend towards barbs. From a cost perspective... main stat gem for monk (the other melee char) is also the gem for fav weapon modifier (crit damage) so monk gems are one heck of a lot more expensive than barb gems.
I started a barb last night. It pretty fun right now.. I will see how to goes once i get past normal again. Might need to find a way to power level so i can finally experience the end part of the game.
__________________
"Being fat isn't easy. Try putting on socks."
Reply With Quote
  #1347 (permalink)  
Old April 1, 2013, 08:28 AM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,564

My System Specs

Default

If you don't mind using the AH a cheap cain's set and a ruby will fix you up WRT leveling quick. (Folks with lvl 60 chars also have access to hellfire rings for leveling new classes, but those are account bound).
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #1348 (permalink)  
Old April 1, 2013, 11:34 AM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rocky Mountain House
Posts: 833

My System Specs

Default

Yeah I think my DH dinged 60 at the start of A2 hell using Cain's set, hellfire & ruby in helm. Hooray for MP10 normal/NM.

Having an absolute blast with my monk right now doing MP10 keeps 2 runs. Switched out overawe for backlash a while back and no way would I go back for soloing as backlash is just so damn useful.
I'll have to get around to recording a keeps 2 vid.

My current setup, if anyone's curious: Shyla | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator
Reply With Quote
  #1349 (permalink)  
Old April 1, 2013, 11:41 AM
Tech686239's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 72

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Yeah I think my DH dinged 60 at the start of A2 hell using Cain's set, hellfire & ruby in helm. Hooray for MP10 normal/NM.

Having an absolute blast with my monk right now doing MP10 keeps 2 runs. Switched out overawe for backlash a while back and no way would I go back for soloing as backlash is just so damn useful.
I'll have to get around to recording a keeps 2 vid.

My current setup, if anyone's curious: Shyla | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator
I am a complete n00b when it comes to Diablo 3. What does MP10 mean?
__________________
"Being fat isn't easy. Try putting on socks."
Reply With Quote
  #1350 (permalink)  
Old April 1, 2013, 12:58 PM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rocky Mountain House
Posts: 833

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech686239 View Post
I am a complete n00b when it comes to Diablo 3. What does MP10 mean?
Monster Power 10.

If you ever played D2 it's very similar to the old /players8 command if it scaled damage rather than just hp.

Basically, enemies do a lot more damage and have way more HP than if you were at MP0. There's a chart floating around the interwebs somewhere showing exactly how much more.

Each MP level also increases your magic find plus MP10 gives a bonus item drop for each enemy killed. I managed to get 4 legendaries off one champ pack in keeps 2 a few weeks back.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gamer comp - Diablo 3 and later Alexanderrazz New Builds 3 June 26, 2010 05:00 PM
Diablo 2 Arinoth Gaming 21 June 8, 2010 09:49 AM
In honour of Diablo 3 Arinoth Gaming 101 November 23, 2009 07:00 AM
Diablo 3 - PLEASE! TwystedMonkey Gaming 52 September 20, 2008 05:21 AM
Diablo 3 : What we know so far TwystedMonkey Gaming 16 July 3, 2008 09:34 PM