Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2012, 01:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah, very nice ring. Worth hundreds of millions I would imagine.

Got my baby wizard to 60. Doesn't take long with a hellfire & Cain's set. I think I dinged 60 halfway through act 2 hell.
CMWW is definitely a change of pace from monk. Had to check to make sure I was still on MP10 in hell once I switched spec as things were melting so fast. This is only with ~35k sheet dps too.
Can't wait to see what that bad boy is like with decent gear!
Old December 5, 2012, 08:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yea.. cain's set + hellfire + radiant star ruby is a lot of extra bonus XP. I had my friend carry my WD, and it only took a couple hours to go from 27 to 60.

then I proceeded to spend 50 mil on my WD.. LOL

so now I have all 5 characters fairly well geared...

phoenixrage#1568 - Community - Diablo III

I also got to take part in some quick A3 XP runs with some redditors/mods from CDX's stream.. here's a video of one run (from the monks perspective)... Ultimate Choo Choo Train of Awesomeness - YouTube
Old December 6, 2012, 09:09 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

@Phoenix:

Watched that budget wiz stream the other day. How the hell did he manage to snag a 3 socket Tal's armour for only ~500k? I imagine prices inflated a little after that stream, but I grabbed one BEFORE the stream and could only get one socket for that price - 3 socket ones were all 1.5m or more.
ON the bright side though, all my jewelry, gloves etc with IAS & CC that have been sitting in my stash due to them not selling are now selling like hotcakes :)

I do like my N52 for that CMWW build - just hit a button to repeatedly cast the spammable spells then hit it again to stop once everything is dead.
I think I do need more resists/LoH/HP though as I still seem to die randomly for no apparent reason.
Old December 7, 2012, 08:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
@Phoenix:

Watched that budget wiz stream the other day. How the hell did he manage to snag a 3 socket Tal's armour for only ~500k? I imagine prices inflated a little after that stream, but I grabbed one BEFORE the stream and could only get one socket for that price - 3 socket ones were all 1.5m or more.
ON the bright side though, all my jewelry, gloves etc with IAS & CC that have been sitting in my stash due to them not selling are now selling like hotcakes :)

I do like my N52 for that CMWW build - just hit a button to repeatedly cast the spammable spells then hit it again to stop once everything is dead.
I think I do need more resists/LoH/HP though as I still seem to die randomly for no apparent reason.
I think for budget builds, todd's been raiding the legacy market...

LOH is really key for the CM wiz. once you have enough attack speed to keep things frozen, the LOH procs so quickly with WW. I think once I find/get a mempo for my wizard, it'll be perfect.

yea.. I was able to flip a few items I had when I started each particular character's builds.. (mostly barb off hands).. and were able to flip them for double to triple what I originally paid for them.
Old December 7, 2012, 04:17 PM
MVP

I'm playing Act 3 Mp1 right now if anyone is interested in joining. implosion222 #1270
Dell U3011 + Yamakasi Sparta 301
Asus Z87-A
12GB Dominator 1800
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
Corsair HSX 1000watts
Mountain Mod UFO-U2
Razer Deathadder 2014
Logitech G510
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
2 X 150GB Raptor X RAID 0

Old December 18, 2012, 02:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This made me LOL:

Add Me Maybe - "Call Me Maybe" Diablo Parody - YouTube

Switched some things around on my monk & calculated that I'm running around 350k sustained DPS vs ubers. Might be a bit higher due to SW snapshot, but considering I still have a long way to go with regard to grabbing BiS items I'm pretty happy.
Been running MP10 ubers the past few weeks with two CMWW's and a HOTA barb (I gotta look up a build for that as I get sick of WW barbs) and it goes pretty quick. I think we still had 18 mins or so on the NV clock after the last pairing dropped last night.
I'm sure we could do it quicker with an extra DPS provider rather than one of the wiz's, but we never seem to have any others on.
Old December 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
This made me LOL:

Add Me Maybe - "Call Me Maybe" Diablo Parody - YouTube

Switched some things around on my monk & calculated that I'm running around 350k sustained DPS vs ubers. Might be a bit higher due to SW snapshot, but considering I still have a long way to go with regard to grabbing BiS items I'm pretty happy.
Been running MP10 ubers the past few weeks with two CMWW's and a HOTA barb (I gotta look up a build for that as I get sick of WW barbs) and it goes pretty quick. I think we still had 18 mins or so on the NV clock after the last pairing dropped last night.
I'm sure we could do it quicker with an extra DPS provider rather than one of the wiz's, but we never seem to have any others on.

Greg, add me on D3, Sagath1803. Ive got a decently geared monk, and I'd like to try my hand at some key/organ farming finally now that my gear is up there. Would be fun to run some games!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 18, 2012, 05:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Greg, add me on D3, Sagath1803. Ive got a decently geared monk, and I'd like to try my hand at some key/organ farming finally now that my gear is up there. Would be fun to run some games!
err...you're already on my list. We've played together several times. Shifty76
Old December 18, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey I played around release and was disappointed with the game, I am now feeling like doing some mind numbing grinding however my gear is pretty bad and I have next to no cash. How can I farm up some cash or get some better gear so I can get on the farm train a little quicker?

PatMcGroyne - Community - Diablo III

As you can see my gear blows and I have no cash on hand so I am assuming step 1 is to make some cash but the question is how?
Old December 18, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
err...you're already on my list. We've played together several times. Shifty76
Ya, I better make a note of that, lmao. I thought you were a RL friend
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about