Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
Alright I bought some gold off the AH (for real money) last night it was trading at $4.70 or $4.80 for 10 mil. I now have 80MIL lol so what items should I be looking at getting either for builds for my barb or my dh.. Or if the items could be used on both (that works too but i presume individual builds be better)...

Thanks in advance.
Are you speccing for WW tornado barb? Something else?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you'll have a lot more success picking a spec and playing around with it to learn the do's and don'ts, strengths and weaknesses, rather than just spending $$$ on what is considered to be "the best" gear for a particular build, without having any real idea how that particular build fits together.

Learning the build but with weaker gear > great gear but NFI how to play it.

Just my 2c :)

That being said, although I don't have a whole lot of experience with barbs, let me know what spec you're gearing for and I'll see what I can come up with.
Old November 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

you wont be able to use stuff on both a Barb and a DH, 2 completely different main skills, Strength vs Dex. And rares arent not necessarily better than sets, sets are not necessarily better than rares. It really depends on the rolls, I've seen some very impressive versions of each, though to be honest its hard to beat some of the set pieces when they are at their best.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I sure hope that when PvP gets implemented that anything purchased off the RMAH or gold purchased off that wont be allowed to be used in PvP.
Old November 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

I wouldnt hold out your hopes for that. It wont happen
Old November 16, 2012, 12:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So ubers on MP9 with 4 people is kinda interesting...sure makes life easier when you have a kickass CMWW wiz freeze-locking everything though.
Only went 7/9 for organs even at MP9 though :/

Still, I finally got a hellfire ring that doesn't suck:

4.5% crit chance
66 vit
+36 max dmg
158 LoH
Plus got a nice dex roll (193) so it actually gave me a DPS boost over my old DPS ring in addition to all the bonus xp.
Old November 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

yeah hellfire rings can be quite amazing actually. you just require some luck.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for my monk now, got a few upgrades and I think its time to just save shit loads of money again but advice on what I should be looking for would be very grateful again. Ideally I'm looking to increase my dps by another 20k and then I'll be satisfied with it.

Natasha | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator is my current gear. I think Ring1 and the amulet are the biggest opportunities for pure dps gain but I'm not entirely sure of the stats I am looking for on them.
I also want to eventually upgrade my relentless assault to be able to have a gem, vile wards to have vit or life % and the witching hour to have dex and some defensive stats. Is that a plan, I think i'm looking at many hundred millions for these upgrades in total though.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
yeah hellfire rings can be quite amazing actually. you just require some luck.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for my monk now, got a few upgrades and I think its time to just save shit loads of money again but advice on what I should be looking for would be very grateful again. Ideally I'm looking to increase my dps by another 20k and then I'll be satisfied with it.

Natasha | Monk | Diablo 3 DPS & EHP Calculator is my current gear. I think Ring1 and the amulet are the biggest opportunities for pure dps gain but I'm not entirely sure of the stats I am looking for on them.
I also want to eventually upgrade my relentless assault to be able to have a gem, vile wards to have vit or life % and the witching hour to have dex and some defensive stats. Is that a plan, I think i'm looking at many hundred millions for these upgrades in total though.
Nat's boots/ring seems like an obvious upgrade path - replace ring1 & your existing boots.
Also, yep, that amulet has room for improvement too - something more like what you have on your gloves.

You're right though, upgrades are expensive from here on in.
Old November 17, 2012, 09:47 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

ya I'm not sure which route to go with barb (i kinda like ww but is that best way to go?)
same with DH hard to say which is best way to go and I still dont even know if i have right skills and runics or whatever they are called for both barb and dh

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old November 17, 2012, 06:14 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
I can play for ages with paragon level characters on inferno and get squat, my lowly level 29 WD has already picked up 3 friggen legendaries. Last night I got a pair of level 3 boots, "The Crudest Boots" and tonight I picked up a lv 16 "Moon Slayer" Ceremonial Knife. I want a good lv 60 one FFS!
LOL, another legendary item with this char.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Big thanks to Inik for giving me a fantastic deal on the Nats boots he found.
With the Nat's ring that I've had forever, it bumps me up to around 138k unbuffed DPS, or 185k with Deadly Reach & Blazing Wrath buffs up. Blinding Flash gives me a 250k DPS snapshot for sweeping wind, so Alkaizer runs just got a whole lot faster.

Last edited by GregH; November 18, 2012 at 09:47 PM.