Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2012, 11:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I found 2 more legendaries last night as well. 30k or so is what the sell for... Did find a inna belt as well though which might sell for 2mil if I'm lucky. if not I'll give it to my DH

i'm not sure how accurate d3up actually is. my unity ring didnt give me anywhere near as much as it said it was going to, just need to decide if the +4% against elites is worth keeping it over the health my previous ring

and yeah, really not a fan of reflect damage enemies even at only 75k unbuffed. Surely they could have been more imaginative than that to come up with ways of causing you damage
shadow power your way through reflect damage. That's what I do.. I'm at around 150k unbuffed DPS, and they are no longer a problem now that shadow power lasts for 5 seconds.
Old November 1, 2012, 12:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrage View Post
shadow power your way through reflect damage. That's what I do.. I'm at around 150k unbuffed DPS, and they are no longer a problem now that shadow power lasts for 5 seconds.
How would a monk go about acquiring this shadow power ability since that's what both muse and I play?

I know we have Serenity, and I use it liberally vs reflect packs, but it's often on cooldown when I need it.
Other than "run away" or SSS (LONG cooldown) there's not much else I can do vs reflect packs.
Sucks that it penalizes you more the more powerful your character gets.

Several times the reflect from the bleed caused by my skorn has killed me
Need more life steal I guess.
Old November 2, 2012, 06:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yup, life steal on both weapons if your DPS is high enough, with some LOH, and some jewelery with LOH, its not too bad. Its tough when you are not geared for it, but you could time it so you do overawe and serenity at the same time for some burst damage, so at least you are maximizing the serenity time.
Old November 2, 2012, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This game is still so weird haha. I fired up D3, open a game to make a key run in act 3, go in the breached keep to get my 5 stack, meet an elite just beside the entrance with some other mob.

First kill (not elite) = Shen Long Relentless assault

First elite kill = Andariel Helm

It seems I only get drops by the pair in the beginning of my games once a week :)

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old November 2, 2012, 07:27 AM
Top Prospect

That is some nice luck.

My first legendary of the week, was a weaksauce "Triumvirate" with the lowest possible damage range bonus. Sighz.
Old November 2, 2012, 07:35 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrage View Post
yup, life steal on both weapons if your DPS is high enough, with some LOH, and some jewelery with LOH, its not too bad. Its tough when you are not geared for it, but you could time it so you do overawe and serenity at the same time for some burst damage, so at least you are maximizing the serenity time.
That's what I do, but if you don't manage to drop them in that first 4 seconds of serenity you have no option but to kite until serenity is off cooldown.

LS Skorns seem to be dropping in price now though (down to around 50m...why couldn't they be that when I actually had 50m?!) so I should be able to grab one pretty quick.
That should make a huge difference: 400k hit x 5% x 0.2 (inferno penalty) = 4,000 LS per hit which should heal most of the reflect damage.
Old November 3, 2012, 03:40 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Spikemaul - Community - Diablo III

Got myself some new gear......need the chest piece yet.
Old November 3, 2012, 04:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Might as well list mine too I guess:

Shyla - Community - Diablo III

That's my key farming setup. For ubers I'll switch to a dual-wielding cookie cutter FoT/cyclone build that has slightly less DPS but way more survivability.
Old November 5, 2012, 02:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hey just a few quick questions where is the best place to farm items and gold? How or what is the best way to up your paragon at a fast pace? I find mine goes so slow which makes no sense I play quite a bit and I see people lvl 70+ etc or even 50+ yet I'm only at like 13 and have put tons of hours into it lol...

Thanks in advance for any help :) I still need to get some better items either drops or AH so if you have any ideas what i should look for let me know :)

Frodo - Community - Diablo III

BTW for Emerald Gems is it cheaper to buy in AH or to make them? For the Radiant Star ones or whatever (the top ones)...

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old November 5, 2012, 02:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
Hey just a few quick questions where is the best place to farm items and gold? How or what is the best way to up your paragon at a fast pace? I find mine goes so slow which makes no sense I play quite a bit and I see people lvl 70+ etc or even 50+ yet I'm only at like 13 and have put tons of hours into it lol...

Thanks in advance for any help :) I still need to get some better items either drops or AH so if you have any ideas what i should look for let me know :)

Frodo - Community - Diablo III

BTW for Emerald Gems is it cheaper to buy in AH or to make them? For the Radiant Star ones or whatever (the top ones)...
Alkaizer runs on MP1 would be your best bet for speed levels. I'm actually working on a tempest rush build just for MP1 runs...my DPS should be high enough for tempest rush / MoC submission to cause white mobs to just fall over & die, and a bell or two should kill any elites I come across. Just gotta invest in a cheap Inna's helm/belt for the reduced sweeping wind cost.

Oh yeah, in case you're not familiar with the term, Alkaizer was the first guy to level to Paragon 100.
Path is something like: Select the Kill Azmodan quest and start at the entrance of his lair and then work backwards to the portal.

Then do Tower of the Damned Lvl 1 -> Arreat Crater Lvl 2 -> Bastion Keep -> Rakkis Crossing -> Fields of Slaughter -> Bridge Portal -> The Keeps Depths Level 1 Portal -> Level 2.

Regarding gems: You probably don't want to hear it, but you're about a week too late to buy them cheap. I snagged 7-8 emeralds when they were going for 4-5m each, now they're back up to 15m.
Still cheaper than making them though.

Last edited by GregH; November 5, 2012 at 02:24 PM.