Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Still one glaring issue for me... No content to look forward to. Atleast in WoW there was the next Raid, in GW2 it is "man am I gonna look badass" or "man this PvP is fun, in Diablo III it is "Man am I going to do absolutely nothing but run act III again but this time I will do it slightly faster". I guess there really is just nothing to look forward to, I loved Diablo II and I realise essentially it is the same thing but there is a reason games aren't made like that anymore because now for $60 you are expected to bring more than 4 hours of unique gameplay to the table.
This is the biggest issue with the game still I agree. Monster levels and the infernal machine will help a bit but until pvp comes out. The only thing propelling you forward in diablo is the quest for the next piece of gear.

The main reason I still play from time to time is the simple fact that it is something that takes no more than 50% of my concentration allowing me to do other stuff at the same time.
Old October 6, 2012, 11:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Today was set day for me. I managed to run act 3 over and over to get to P40. Simple runs, Keep level 1 + 3, if needed, to get 5 NV. Then down the last 2 rings to kill the spiderwoman and then the last crater to kill Azmodan. Probably did this 8 or 9 times today and had an Inna's belt and a Tal Rasha amulet drop. Not big lotto drops by any means, but a very lucky day all around!

It would be nice to get the Inna's pants, but I did have a great Inna's belt drop, with MF on it. That makes 2 Inna's belts for me in a week. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

And that is why I waste my time on the game, just to see what drops next. Although for some reason I have been looking up at my shelf at Sacred 2 and thinking that would be fun. Haven't played that one in a year or so, though it would be a full reinstall and start over since I rebuilt the computer.

Anyway, good luck to those still playing, may your drops be legendary!
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old October 9, 2012, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yea, on the weekend I had 1 run where I found a half decent Chantadoo's Will (or however you spell it), and a mid range IK's irons. Both came from goblins in the same A3 run. i've been mixing up my runs between a full A3 clear to the speed run routes... Earlier I found a decent roll'd Triumvirate.. so now my wizard (although I never player her anymore), is pretty decked out.. doing almost 60k DPS.. LOL
Old October 9, 2012, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Did some Act3 on the week end too. The item worth keeping was a Manticore legendary, which is now up for sell on the AH

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 11, 2012, 06:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

did it have 2 sockets?
Old October 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no, only one :(

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I've trying the + critical hit damage + + critical hit % on my SP barb. It's actually pretty impressive the damage he can do, to bad his vitality sucks, he won't survive on inferno at all...
Old October 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

1.0.5 is being fleshed out more, hopefully next week for it. Played a little in the PTR and have to say it is definitely another step up. It seems that you should really be playing Monster Power 3 to really start getting the benefits though 5 will eventually be my objective I think due to the fact that 5 gives you roughly a 1 in 3 chance of another item dropping.
Old October 12, 2012, 03:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
I've trying the + critical hit damage + + critical hit % on my SP barb. It's actually pretty impressive the damage he can do, to bad his vitality sucks, he won't survive on inferno at all...
If your using a two hand wpn, make sure your using rend with the bleed + life rune...thats what i have been using...

i have seen crits of up to 450k with my barb fully buffed....
Old October 12, 2012, 06:13 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
I'm going to give this a whirl with my co-op barb, I've got +247% damage with a 33.5% (without battlecry) chance and I still managed to up my resist and only lost 4k of vitality.