Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2012, 05:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Our entire group was constantly getting one hit killed as soon as we hit act 2, we did OK win act 1 with the odd death here and there from particulaly nasty elites, we went back to Hell after a few 8K+ repair bills but that's far to easy now.
That's probably where you're geared then. The "I can't realistically play there" cliff is pretty obvious when you get to it. Act II farming IMO is a major pain until you get to a point where you can get away from the bloody bees.... ;) VotA (Vault of the Assassin) is pretty decent as there are probably at least 10 elites with no frikin bees...... ;)

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old October 1, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

theres a large jump between acts. I could easily farm act1 but couldnt touch act2 for the longest time. And with act3 I could take anything belial threw at me without a problem but white mobs were challenging in a3.
Old October 2, 2012, 07:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I powered through A2 Inferno and I didn't bother farming A2 because of those damn bees! LOL. That plus I didn't have a good farming route for A2 at the time, so I stuck with A1 till I got geared enough to do A3 at a decent rate.

the difficulty gap between acts is hard to get over if you are just relying on what you find, and even harder if you are doing it all solo.
Old October 3, 2012, 01:05 AM
Top Prospect

I regularly farm Act2 in public games from Black Soulstone to Belial. No bees. But those fireball throwing Constructs can be deadly if you run into a group of 4.

For Act3 I'd do the beginning part where you light signal fires and raise catapults. After that when those Herald of Pestilence stick their arms in the ground, I'd avoid.
Old October 3, 2012, 01:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'll do A2 runs with my monk when I don't want to have to concentrate too much.
Black canyon -> Alcarnus -> Sewers -> VotA run takes me about 10 mins total (yay tempest rush!)

A3 I have to skip the fields since those heralds mess me up, so I'll do Keep 1 & 3 (screw lvl 2 & those maniacs), then do Skycrown & Stonefort, followed by Rakkis Crossing & SB then the crater to Asmodan.
That run takes me around 30-45 mins since my dmg & spirit regen isn't high enough to maintain infinite tempest rush so I'll switch that out for a more defensive skill.
Old October 3, 2012, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

I've basically stopped playing this for the moment. Mostly waiting on 1.0.5 and then I'll invest some more time in it. Apparently the legendary/set drop rate will be doubled which might help a bit, along with the min level of any drop in inferno being 58 and the stats being based on the monster's level. And being able to farm act1 for a change will be nice, though act3 still likely to be my main just because its the most linear.
Old October 3, 2012, 01:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

How hard is it to figure out that they need to replace "XXX to rndm stat" with "XXX to primary Character stat"?

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old October 3, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I've basically stopped playing this for the moment. Mostly waiting on 1.0.5 and then I'll invest some more time in it. Apparently the legendary/set drop rate will be doubled which might help a bit, along with the min level of any drop in inferno being 58 and the stats being based on the monster's level. And being able to farm act1 for a change will be nice, though act3 still likely to be my main just because its the most linear.
Ha. My napkin math tells me that double of the zero ive seen is still zero.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 4, 2012, 12:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Still one glaring issue for me... No content to look forward to. Atleast in WoW there was the next Raid, in GW2 it is "man am I gonna look badass" or "man this PvP is fun, in Diablo III it is "Man am I going to do absolutely nothing but run act III again but this time I will do it slightly faster". I guess there really is just nothing to look forward to, I loved Diablo II and I realise essentially it is the same thing but there is a reason games aren't made like that anymore because now for $60 you are expected to bring more than 4 hours of unique gameplay to the table.
Old October 4, 2012, 10:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Still one glaring issue for me... No content to look forward to. Atleast in WoW there was the next Raid, in GW2 it is "man am I gonna look badass" or "man this PvP is fun, in Diablo III it is "Man am I going to do absolutely nothing but run act III again but this time I will do it slightly faster". I guess there really is just nothing to look forward to, I loved Diablo II and I realise essentially it is the same thing but there is a reason games aren't made like that anymore because now for $60 you are expected to bring more than 4 hours of unique gameplay to the table.
there is the infernal machine event now that will add to the things to do in the game.

I re-spec'd my skills last night to do A3 speed runs like Alkaizer.. averaged 20-22mil XP per hour.