Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2010, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default et quake wars

just notice that nobody mention about this game...

so is this game suck?

i try to play... i understand nothing about everything... nor how to play it...

so do you? if so is it fun?
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old August 17, 2010, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This game sucks IMO.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 17, 2010, 10:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

I find it to be the best FPS I have played (basically the first one I ever really got into), nothing has been able to match it since. I find the maps to be more interesting than say BC2 which has no variety in the type of objectives.

It isn't necessarily hard to get into but maybe not as straight forward as others. Doesn't take too long to learn the maps, there are only 12 (4 Campaigns of 3 maps) official ones at least. There are custom maps but those servers more often than not tend to be empty.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I find it to be the best FPS I have played (basically the first one I ever really got into), nothing has been able to match it since. I find the maps to be more interesting than say BC2 which has no variety in the type of objectives.

It isn't necessarily hard to get into but maybe not as straight forward as others. Doesn't take too long to learn the maps, there are only 12 (4 Campaigns of 3 maps) official ones at least. There are custom maps but those servers more often than not tend to be empty.
Agreed.

I really liked the fact that there was different type of objectives that required different soldier type to do it.

I still play once in a while but the outdated graphics are slowly killing me...
Old August 18, 2010, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
Agreed.

I really liked the fact that there was different type of objectives that required different soldier type to do it.

I still play once in a while but the outdated graphics are slowly killing me...
The graphics are a bit dated, mostly when it comes to the terrain I suppose. Though to be honest I play with the settings on low with the draw distance as high as possible, less stuff to obstruct my view (the puff of 'smoke' from plasma weapons can get annoying).

Here's hoping Brink will have the ETQW feel to it, though it is a shame they capped it at 8v8 though.