Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm very annoyed at this game again, so much so it is indefinately delaying my purchase of it until a steam sale at the very least. Why? you ask. Simple, Nvidia proprietary physics. The simple fact that for no reason what so ever AMD card owners, who have cards completely possible of running physx except for the fact that they are red instead of green, are left out in the cold. It was bad when it was left out in the first but nvidia must open this up to be run on other hardware than their own.

Hardware should ONLY matter at a performance level not at a gameplay quality. It should be hidden beneath the surface and be forgotten, not put there glaring in your face when your actually playing the game.

Tesselation looks nice though, just need the next gen of DX11 cards now before I get to enjoy it as well.
Old October 19, 2011, 04:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

PhysX is inconsequential for gameplay. I played Arkham Asylum without PhysX with my Radeon, and then with PhysX later on with my GTX 470. The differences are so minute that the 'ooooh shiny' effect wore off in seconds.

I get what you're saying, but this game is so freaking super duper jizzawesome, that refusing to buy it based on PhysX's inclusion is silly to me. But then I'm a man of weak morals and character.
Old October 19, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

To be completely honest, wasnt going to buy for a while anyways, with skyrim and F1 along with all my other games I wont be at a loss anyways. So this just really pushes it to a sale rather than an outright full price buy.
Old October 20, 2011, 04:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well this was news to me, but perhaps not to others, this game will be the last time Mark Hamill is the voice of joker (which he has been for the past 20 years for cartoons and video games)
Old October 20, 2011, 04:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I got it free, not a fan of single player games, I'm the type of player who never plays through the campaign in an FPS, I just start playing online.
Old October 20, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Batman, the animated series was a great cartoon. Good old times. Joker was awesome.

And I don't understand why they can't just release all platforms on the same date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I got it free, not a fan of single player games, I'm the type of player who never plays through the campaign in an FPS, I just start playing online.
Old October 20, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just picked it up at walmart for $60 and came with arkham asylum. Just gonna update GT5 then take a go at er.
Old October 25, 2011, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

What a lame ass ending and short main story. Arkahm Asylum was far better imho.
Old December 26, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

ARGH. Got this in the steam sale, made it about 78% of the way through the main story and BOOM my save game vanished. I am really quite upset now anyone else experience this.

But this is actually happening with much more regularity than it should, save games should not corrupt, they should not vanish. I should not have to start backing up every save game i have.
Old December 26, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well not a bad game IMO AA was better but I have not got very far on AC yet.

Not liking how randomly it grinds my 6970 xfire to 9 fps though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton