Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Talking The Silver Lining Available Now

Not sure how many people here happen to be fans of the King's Quest series but the new fan made game is finally available for download at the amazing price of free.

This is just the first episode of five, but they have said that all 5 will be available this year. This game has the official approval of Activision so it is completely above board and legal.Even though the game itself is in 3D the story stays true to the original styling of the series. If you where a fan of the King's Quest series then I highly recommend checking this out.

The Silver Lining - Home

I have played through the first episode myself and even though it is a little short and serves mostly as a prologue as to what is to come, I can say I really liked it. When you consider these people have done this out of their own time and for no profit it is really amazing.

Old August 1, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Neat- is it the same story lines? What kind of crapware do they attach to it?
Old August 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No crapware at all. Basically they are not allowed to make any money whatsoever from it, that is the only way Activision would let them release it.

The basic gist of it is continuing the story along. We start out in the Land of the Green Isles (from KQ VI) during the wedding of Rosella and Edgar. That is when in typical KQ fashion something bad happens and forces good old King Graham to done his adventurers cap once more.

Basically it is kind of a way to truly rap the series up properly. I for one can't wait for the rest of the episodes.

Old August 1, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

I kinda lost interest in Kings Quest after I think 4.. 5 and 6 were just dunno.. not as good imho.
Old September 14, 2010, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well figured I would let people know that episode 2 will be released this Saturday Sept 18th. And from the looks of the trailer it is a lot bigger and way more involved than the first episode.

YouTube - The Silver Lining - Episode 2 - Two Households - Announcement trailer

I know I can't wait. This really is looking to be the ending to King's Quest that it deserves.

Old September 15, 2010, 07:52 AM
Allstar

With all respect, i'm Sorry i know pretty much nothing about KQ but i laughed out loud at 0:40-0:43.

Nice too see fan made games approved by such a big comapny, if only other gamers communities had the same chance. (I wanted so bad this Chrono Trigger remake... dam you Square!)