Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Zero.....ported from Console version will really be a disappointment.....is that truly the case...?....does it necessarily mean a "downgrade" in visuals?..been out of the loop for awhile ;)

Old July 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

From what I understand it is not a "port". Cryengine 3 allows for simultaneous development on 360/PS3/PC. Well that's what I got from the videos I have seen on it anyway. But I agree with Zero, it doesn't really look any better. And imo, it is much easier to render a good looking urban environment than a landscape of lush jungles.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old July 23, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

.....Is the entire game supposed to be in the city?

Old July 23, 2010, 11:57 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Zero.....ported from Console version will really be a disappointment.....is that truly the case...?....does it necessarily mean a "downgrade" in visuals?..been out of the loop for awhile ;)
The PC version will probably not look any worse than the first game. However, it probably won't look much better either. From what I have seen, the main focus with Crysis 2 is to develop the engine to run well on multiple platforms, unlike the first game where the focus was to create the most powerful and graphically impressive engine possible. I suspect that because of the console optimizations, the engine will actually run better on PC as well, but there probably won't be many significant improvements in graphical fidelity. Of course, we'll see what the story really is once the game comes out in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
From what I understand it is not a "port". Cryengine 3 allows for simultaneous development on 360/PS3/PC. Well that's what I got from the videos I have seen on it anyway. But I agree with Zero, it doesn't really look any better. And imo, it is much easier to render a good looking urban environment than a landscape of lush jungles.
Correct, it isn't a port. It's a cross-platform game. But the same can really be said of any game made with a cross-platform engine like UE3 or Capcom's MT Framework. What most people call "console ports" are just PC games without the interface customized properly for the PC platform.
Quote:
As far as we know, yes.
Old July 23, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
From what I understand, at least a huge portion of it will be. This alone will be a massive help in it's FPS. The massive draw distance in the original was part of it's major GPU strain. With buildings and such limiting your view distance, it will be easier to render higher details.
Old July 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
From what I understand, at least a huge portion of it will be. This alone will be a massive help in it's FPS. The massive draw distance in the original was part of it's major GPU strain. With buildings and such limiting your view distance, it will be easier to render higher details.
While true and interesting, the beaches and jungles may miss me

Old July 24, 2010, 08:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Here are the results of SLi 480's and Crysis WH Benchmark
1920 x 1200 / Enthusiast / Full AA - 16xQ = Min 41 FPS 55 FPS Avg (my Tri Sli 280's choked out pretty good with 16xQ...not really playable)