Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac26 View Post
This game kinda feels like a watered-down BC2. Similar graphics, movements etc. I hope they add the Destruction 2.0 feature then I think it might be a pretty good alternative to BC2.
My opinion exactly. Only played for 30 minutes or so, but even some of the GUI and stuff feels the same.
Some of the guns have the same graphics as well (I realize that is because a M16 is an M16, but it feels very ripped off) though the different mission styles are interesting... I guess ?

Needless to say, I am happy that EA released a beta/demo of it so people can try it out instead of blindly buying.... or in this case... not buying.
Old July 16, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

About the res, when I change to something other than 1024x768 it and hit save it jumps back to 1024x768. I think it might incompatibility with my monitor or something. (it's 2048x1152, I've had issues with some poorly developed games)
Old July 16, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't what's wrong with your guys vision (or mine) but I think this game looks (graphics) slightly better than BFBC2. And while there are some bugs, I wouldnt say this game flatout sucks. The gameplay is pretty fun, there are just some bug that need working out. Kinda like BFBC2's release.... Definately aimed towards consoles though, just look at the menus. BTW they should NOT put destruction 2.0 into this game because there are not enough buildings. They could put it in if they wanted since it is running the latest Frostbite engine, but like I said before I think they want this to feel like their version of Modern Warfare. I've noticed sounds and soldier voices taken from BFBC, but not too many. The sound quality is just as superb as BFBC's audio as well. As long as when it's released it's not chock full of bugs, then it looks to be a decent game, especially if the campaign is good. For me though, I'm not going to buy cause I don't need anymore shooters and I got SC2 coming out right away along with a bunch of other games that need playin.
Old July 17, 2010, 12:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

n/m found it.
Old July 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't be so quick to judge it based off of the beta.

I had the extended beta (like 4 months long) for BFBC2 on PS3, and I thought the game sucked quite badly. However when it was released I was sick of the mindlessness of COD and traded in MW2 to get it for PC, and now its my favourite shooter. Even bought a second copy for the PS3.

I haven't played the MOH beta, (I own the boxed copy of BFBC2) but I'm holding out on judgement until I see some after release reviews.
Old July 19, 2010, 03:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I played the PS3 beta of BC2 and I thought that was light years ahead of the current status of this game. They could improve it, they would just need a lot of overtime between now and release.
Old July 19, 2010, 02:00 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks OP, will check it out.
Old July 26, 2010, 05:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I spent some more time playing MoH Beta, and I do like it more. Multiplayer is pretty fun and graphics do seem better than BC2.

Problem is the $60 price tag, which is horrendous. If Steam has something like 50% if you own BC2, then I will strongly consider buying it, but I don't see the game being worth $60.

But then again, it's only Beta...
Old July 26, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac26 View Post
I spent some more time playing MoH Beta, and I do like it more. Multiplayer is pretty fun and graphics do seem better than BC2.

Problem is the $60 price tag, which is horrendous. If Steam has something like 50% if you own BC2, then I will strongly consider buying it, but I don't see the game being worth $60.

But then again, it's only Beta...
Just wait a couple months it will be on sale on Steam.
Old July 26, 2010, 09:12 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for posting this. If you hadn't have told me, I never would have noticed the game was in my game list. Thanks again, see you online!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg