Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default All Points Bulletin

So I'm guessing there is barely anybody else playing this game since I haven't seen a thread yet? Well, It's a pretty sweet game other than the fact that there is a Pay to Play structure... Although when you buy the game you get 50 hours of Action District time and the game is $50, so I think that's not too bad. Additional time is 6.99 for 20 hours or 9.99 for unlimited hours on a monthly basis. You can also sell in-game currency for RTW points and with RTW points you can purchase more game time. So technically you may not even have to purchase additional game time if you're able to rack up enough cash. You can even design tattoos, songs, death songs, cloths, etc and sell them on the marketplace. Which leads me to the character customization in this game, which is pretty much limitless!

There was actually an exploit you could use up until yesterday when they patched it, you could sit idle in the Fashion designer (the thing you use to put/change clothes on your char), and your "Fashionista" would rise after time, and eventually when you hit level 15 you get 50k ingame currency. Sell 50k for 200RTW to the people that didnt know about the exploit (lol). Create some more characters and repeat and you've got a bunch of game time! 400RTW points = 1mth unlimited game time. I only got to do it once on 1 char before they patched it but oh well.

Anyways, its a cool game if you think you might like it, you won't regret it. Just a word of warning though; it is WAY funner playing with a group of friends. You CAN however join random groups if you really wanted to... I'm on the Zombie server, currently rolling as a Criminal.
Old July 7, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Heard about this long ago.. and didn't even realize it was out to play.

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it.. and I'm still sitting on the side.
Old July 9, 2010, 12:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I stopped playing after only 10 days. Gets really old really fast. You are basically just paying monthly to pay a really bad FPS in capture the flag mode. At least that's my personal opinion. I purchased Battlefield: Bad Company shortly before and have about 10x the hrs into it. My overall rating of the game might be like 4/10. The customization was a cool idea, but I found the editor really hard to use. Anyways thats my 2 cents!
Old July 11, 2010, 12:43 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I bought it, wished i didnt. Its a total piece of shiz. :/

Old July 11, 2010, 02:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Pay to play...
Old July 11, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Game definitely frustrating at times, especially when getting tased by Enforcers. It's not a TOTAL piece of shit. You cant go into it with misconceptions of it being an MMORPG cause it is NOT. You cant go into thinking it's going to be Grant Theft Auto Multiplayer cause it is NOT. It is a tactical third person persistent world shooter. The game definitely needs some balancing, as the OCA seems to dominate. Now that I finally unlocked my OCA Undertaker I can fight fire with fire. Matchmaking needs some help too. It will suck if you just start playing the game cause I bet you will get matched with some guys that have a bunch of weapon upgrades and character upgrade sand just get owned. I dunno if it's a problem with matchmaking or that the game has been out for a little while now so most people have upgrades on stuff. They had a hell of an idea with this game, but the implementation was not the greatest. Anyways, I think the people that arent liking it, went into the game with misconceptions about what it would be. If you're a hardcore FPS Call of Duty'er, then you probably won't enjoy this game. This game is TACTICAL so you need some friends that know how to work together. Anima is clearly an FPS guy since he even put in his post that this is an FPS, which it is clearly NOT and he then mentioned he purchased an FPS game and is having much more fun. So there is a clear example of misconception. ITS NOT FOR EVERYONEEEE!!!

Oh and the market price for in-game currency has gone up so I could probably get around 1500RTW points for 100k currency. 400RTW points = 30 days unlimited game time. But I'll most likely just get the 20 hours chunks so they don't expire. Like I said, you don't NEED to pay to play, and you already get 50 hours ACTION district time. You can still go into the Social district which doesn't eat up any hours of game time. Social district you can change your character up, etc. I don't plan on playing this game for like 6months or anything, it was basically just a filler until Starcraft 2 comes out later this month. I'll definately get my money's worth out of the game. And then maybe later on they'll have patched the game to make it more balanced and I'll come back to it and play some more. EA really needs to like push back their release dates a few more months before releasing stuff unbalanced and broken with their games... Anyone remember BFBC2?
Old July 12, 2010, 12:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

there is a huge difference between bfbc2 and apb. At least bfbc2 is fun :P