Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Netbook gaming

I'm just wondering if anyone knows any games that are half decent on a netbook? I actually got deus ex running all right by all accounts and that is good but thats basically all I have so fa. I suppose the HL1 games should work, have to find them and dust them off. But yes, any suggestions will be welcomed.

I tried also tried to pry KotOR onto it but sadly the framerate was about what I expected. I'm not looking for puzzle games as much but more old good games that I can dust off and once again put to use on my vastly underpowered machine.

And a small side question, anyone know how to get wing commander 2 working on 7?
Old June 28, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

never used but it's seems ok adn well lets face it it's going this way is it not? Welcome to OnLive.com
Old June 28, 2010, 03:59 PM
Allstar

Emulating is quite my thing on my netbook. SNES and N64 is quite enjoyable on this little machine. Haven't tried PSX yet, i doubt it'd work... not on mine.
I play Starcraft too. Plants vs Zombies, Age of Wonders, Lord of Ultima when online. Deus Ex works on yours? I should try that then. I'd love to see others giving suggestions.

Old June 28, 2010, 04:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Emulated SNES favorites are fantastic with netbooks. I'm currently running CivII and Age of Empires II on mine, and having a blast. I also ran C&C95 and Red Alert, and a 3D Monopoly game from years back.
Old June 28, 2010, 05:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah, emulators, Starcraft, AOE II, older NFS games run fine. I actually bought torchlight specifically because it has a "netbook mode", but even with that enabled.... not enough FPS to play properly.

not sure what netbook you have, but I find that the program "GMA Booster" does help a bit with Games and high res videos.
Old June 28, 2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Trackmania Nations is a good game for netbook. Just be sure to turn off some of the settings.

What NB do you have?