Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2010, 06:37 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Is it worth the download? I got a key and whatnot but I don't even know if I'm going to bother.
Old June 19, 2010, 08:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

You also need to remember, the game isnt coming out till end of october, this is a very early beta test. I wouldnt make my purchase decisions on it, as things will be fixed, tweeked, changed before release. Give them a chance guys! sheesh.

Old June 19, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

well seems the joke is on me as not only did the beta thing mess up somehow but it screwed up me EA account and now I can't login to BC2, or the bioware stuff (ME2 and DAO).
Old June 19, 2010, 09:46 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Ah now I see what you mean. I can't change the Enter/Use button because after you click to change you can input anything so you have to reset to previous config. Also the 1 button doesn't switch to pistol like it's supposed to. Probably cause they don't have a button just for pistol on console controllers. Even the menu to quick search, you have to press the actual left/right arrows instead of just on the option. You also can't hit Esc to see the menu while choosing your equipment, or during the after-round briefings either, which should be there cause why should I have to spawn and then have to change my settings or exit the game? And what if I spawn and just keep dieing!

Server browser is garbage, of course. I try scrolling through the list and all the server names go blank and until i scroll again and all this wacky stuff. As for the gameplay, i thought it was crap at first because i kept dieing so much, but I got used to the controls and changed them to my liking (except for having F as enter/use key) and then it was alright I guess. Not $60 good though.
I did run into all of those problems as well, though by some keys not working the actual problem I had was that I couldn't crouch at all, and I couldn't access the menu from within the game at all by pressing Esc. I had to quit the game by pressing Alt+F4. And I actually did have the game crash to desktop while I was trying to change key bindings.
Old June 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OK, after playing the beta this morning, I've come to the conclusion that this game sucks now and it will suck later. It really highlights how the video game industry has turned into nothing but a garbage regurgitating Hollywood. And I'm not even talking about the numerous bugs in the game, which are even laughable for a beta. The sounds suck (the M14 is f'n ridiculous in this regard), the animations suck (I'm talking B grade late 90's animations), the feel is VERY similar to BFBC2 (which isn't a bad feel in itself, it's just that obviously no thought went into this game at all), and the gameplay offers absolutely nothing new. What a money-grabbing joke this POS is.
Old June 19, 2010, 07:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I like it. The only bugs I've seen is the sever list gets f'ed up and its crashed on me. I think it looks way better then bfbc2 and the performance is great but there isn't anything new, just another shooter. Lots more of them are coming.

Old July 9, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you missed your chance last time, they have now opened up some more Beta keys at Fileplanet.
Old July 9, 2010, 12:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

If you have Bad Company 2 and go to Gun Club | Gun Club you should get a beta key by email. At least that is how I ended up with a beta key. Although obviously if you don't have BC2 you can't do it.
Old July 9, 2010, 01:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
If you missed your chance last time, they have now opened up some more Beta keys at Fileplanet.
OMG THANX!
Old July 9, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

thanx headshot been wanting to try this. i never got my key last time..........it kinda reminds me of insurgency