Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21, 2010, 02:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Yeah, I could do without Visions.
In fact, I'd PAY for Visions not to show up in any of my setlists.
That is one feature I'd like actually. Black list some songs from the random setlists. I guess it would take away from the idea of there being random setlists though. I always pick hard difficulty for guitar in the first game for random lists, even though I could one shot every song on expert besides Green Grass and High Tides. Every time I decided to pick expert it would show up as the final random song without fail.

I never paid the $5 to import RB1 tracks into RB2 just so that wouldn't happen (even though harder songs were in RB2).
Old June 21, 2010, 02:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
I'll gladly play the guitar part, drums on the other hand....
Ugh, not me.

I'm a competent expert player. Can easily beat most songs on expert guitar & drums.
I can't even beat Visions on hard. On drums or guitar.

I have no problem spending the time to practice difficult songs if they're ok to listen to.
For example, it took forever to beat Green Grass & High Tides on expert guitar, but the song was at least not too bad to listen to (if a bit boring after the hundredth time)
Visions, on the other hand, isn't even enjoyable to listen to (to me anyway - I know there are plenty of speed metal fans out there who love that screamo vocals, hundred-mile-an-hour instrumentals stuff)

I just can't see myself setting aside the time to go through it on two more difficulties.

Hopefully the set list creation in RB3 will let you tag certain songs so they don't get selected for random set lists.
Old June 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Hopefully the set list creation in RB3 will let you tag certain songs so they don't get selected for random set lists.
Watch that video I posted. I know, it's 26 minutes long, but a lot of questions can be answered.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 21, 2010, 02:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Speed View Post
That is one feature I'd like actually. Black list some songs from the random setlists. I guess it would take away from the idea of there being random setlists though. I always pick hard difficulty for guitar in the first game for random lists, even though I could one shot every song on expert besides Green Grass and High Tides. Every time I decided to pick expert it would show up as the final random song without fail.

I never paid the $5 to import RB1 tracks into RB2 just so that wouldn't happen (even though harder songs were in RB2).
Heh, I remember one random set list that ended with Everlong.
That song is a bitch on expert drums. I got asked if I wanted to play an encore. I never turn that kind of thing down so I said sure: Play an encore.
Encore song: Everlong.
Noooooooooooooooooooo
Old June 21, 2010, 02:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oh gawd yes! Blacklisting songs would be fantastic in RB3.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Heh, I remember one random set list that ended with Everlong.
That song is a bitch on expert drums. I got asked if I wanted to play an encore. I never turn that kind of thing down so I said sure: Play an encore.
Encore song: Everlong.
Noooooooooooooooooooo
Yeah I would always get suckered into those encores and it never turned out to be a good idea.

I don't think I ever finished the second game after. I should get back on that.
Old June 21, 2010, 07:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan4ever View Post
I'll gladly play the guitar part, drums on the other hand....

Man, I eat that shit for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

I can pretty much pass it every time. I dont get how i can pass some harder songs like Embedded (DLC) and Painkiller no problem at all, yet visions rolls around, and I need to be in THE MOTHER ZONE!!!!!
Old June 21, 2010, 10:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yo lpfan4ever, you should check out this site here if your lookin to upgrade your cymbals: Hope Drums - Your eDrum Dealer! Look under Rock Band specials. 3 Pintech Cymbals and some mounting hardware for $145.
Old October 30, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Extreme thread revival time! Anybody else happen to pick Rock Band 3 up? If so, what's your impressions?

Pro drums has been a shitload of fun, giving new life to some of the old DLC I found bland. The on disk songs were kind of disappointing to me in general, but some songs I love, like Bohemian Rhapsody and Misery Business. I'd highly suggest picking it up if pro mode is something that interests you. If not, I suggest taking a good hard look at the song list and seeing if you want to pay ~$60 for a big old track pack. Pro was really the only thing they introduced newly to this game that made it a lot different.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 31, 2010, 07:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I might pick it up, but I only play guitar and do vocals at parties. My girlfriend plays expert drums but we both kind of lost interest in the whole music genre.

There's too many good games coming in November. Do you still need to finish the game to unlock all the songs in free play? I might just pick up the disc for something to do when I have people over.