Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2010, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

HAHAHAHA! Another NFS game? They keep getting crappier and crappier as they come out. Kudos to EA for milking all our money on this series. Don't get me wrong, I used to love (yeah, bold, italics, and underline) thisseries... Its nothing but a money grabber now. Nothing new since Underground. They kept recycling the same game engine and then NFS: Shift came out, which was more like NFS: Sh*t...

Im sorry if I offend anyone, but come on. How many trailers have been put out there that looks "OMG BEST GAME EVERZ!!!!" only to be meh...
Old June 15, 2010, 10:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Shift is only good if you mod it. Without mods, it is garbage ;)

@AmuseMe: Undercover, Prostreet, Wolfenstein etc....

-Plato
Old June 15, 2010, 11:05 PM
Rookie

Given that this is in Criterion's able hands, I'm not worried. But I do kinda wonder why they weren't put to work on a new Burnout or Black 2. I hope EA isn't wasting talent here just to exploit the brand name.
Old June 15, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
HAHAHAHA! Another NFS game? They keep getting crappier and crappier as they come out. Kudos to EA for milking all our money on this series. Don't get me wrong, I used to love (yeah, bold, italics, and underline) thisseries... Its nothing but a money grabber now. Nothing new since Underground. They kept recycling the same game engine and then NFS: Shift came out, which was more like NFS: Sh*t...

Im sorry if I offend anyone, but come on. How many trailers have been put out there that looks "OMG BEST GAME EVERZ!!!!" only to be meh...
Yeh I have to agree with you there. The excitement is from the fact that it's the HP series revived, and being developed by someone that's NOT the NFS division.

Oooo gameplay. Looks to be..not very "Shift" like

YouTube - Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit - E3 2010 Live Demo (Stream)

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Last edited by Jackquelegs; June 16, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old June 16, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like the damage and the sound. The lambos just sound so raw..

-Plato
Old June 16, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They need to bring back the real tachometer and speedometers that the cars have. That's a very significant part of the Hot Pursuit game.
Old July 6, 2010, 03:09 PM
Rookie

Need a cockpit view,with all gauges and steering wheel,I can't do a driving game if it doesn't have that view.
Old July 6, 2010, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

I applaud Criterion for this game.. but Burnout was good up till 3 I think and after that it became meh. Burnout Paradise is mediocre at best and somewhat enjoyable because it can be played online. But also Burnout Paradise only has the extended features on console and not for the pc unless its changed recently.

Need for Speed went to utter shit when Underground came out and after it was all the same crap.

Visually this game looks like the newer ones which is fine, but from that video it appears handling could be the same.

But I do have my hopes up.
Old July 6, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
They need to bring back the real tachometer and speedometers that the cars have. That's a very significant part of the Hot Pursuit game.
+1. I hate it when games nowadays use a stupid digital speedometer or stack all the meters up a la Shift.

I want my Gran Turismo 4 tach and speedo meters.

-Plato
Old July 6, 2010, 06:09 PM
Allstar

Looks Like it will get boring FAST