Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   fallout 3 game of the year edition on steam sale (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/33056-fallout-3-game-year-edition-steam-sale.html)

BrianHanna June 10, 2010 11:25 AM

fallout 3 game of the year edition on steam sale

25 dollars this weekend for all the DLC and the game.

I've been having problems with my gfwl version for months, with no help whatsoever from MS.

it would have cost me 30 dollars to buy the rest of the dlc, so buying the game over again for 25 dollars with all the DLC on steam is a no brainer.

I command that if you do not own fallout 3, you get this deal, 25 dollars for so many hours is beyond a good deal.

Full Speed June 10, 2010 11:30 AM

I never really liked Oblivion (even though I liked Morrorwind), and I loved the old Fallout games. Should I like this?

BrianHanna June 10, 2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Speed (Post 389537)
I never really liked Oblivion (even though I liked Morrorwind), and I loved the old Fallout games. Should I like this?

If you liked morrowind you might like this.

If you liked mass effect, you would like this (this has more moral choices, and the "smaller ones" have bigger impacts).

this is a great game, and 25 dollars would be a great deal for just the DLC (5 dlc packs, 10 dollars each normally i think), but 25 for the game and all the dlc is a massive steal, and well worth the risk (very little risk at that).

you should get this.

Thund3rball June 10, 2010 01:05 PM

This is an RPG with some FPS style (heavy on the RPG imo). I found it interesting for a while but got tired of the lamo combat. That's just me though. Borderlands or maybe Stalker is more my style of RPG/FPS I think. Certainly can't deny the quality of the game and number of hours you can get out of it. At $25, even if you play it for 5 hours you got your money's worth imo.

BrianHanna June 10, 2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 389588)
This is an RPG with some FPS style (heavy on the RPG imo). I found it interesting for a while but got tired of the lamo combat. That's just me though. Borderlands or maybe Stalker is more my style of RPG/FPS I think. Certainly can't deny the quality of the game and number of hours you can get out of it. At $25, even if you play it for 5 hours you got your money's worth imo.

borderlands is way too much fps and not enough rpg imo.

and Fallout 3 in my opinion is a much better version of stalker.

Thund3rball June 10, 2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHanna (Post 389593)
borderlands is way too much fps and not enough rpg imo.

and Fallout 3 in my opinion is a much better version of stalker.

Ya same old debate. Real RPGers like the depth of Fallout whereas the twitchier players, like me, enjoy combat with some RPG elements. Still, like I said it's hard to say no to a quality game for $25.

DkRk June 10, 2010 03:49 PM

I'm no huge fan of RPG's, but I found Fallout3 and its expansions to be one of the most satisfying games I've ever played.

Arinoth June 10, 2010 04:04 PM

Fallout3 is a great game, i had a lot of fun playing it. My only gripe was that once i was maxed out (level and skills) some enemies that would have been piss easy when i was leveling (because it worked the right skills) were a pain and took way too much to take down.

Perineum June 10, 2010 04:05 PM

I love this game.... I will get my mom to extort money out of chriskwarren...

CTA June 10, 2010 04:57 PM

i also highly recommend fallout 3... especially good price for both game and all dlcs (BOS and the pitts are awesome)...

honestly fallout 3 and oblivion are similar but the gameplay is not... oblivion is much bored and repeatable...

this fall, new vegas will be releasing... so i cant wait... i mean FO:LV will be based on original FO1 and FO2... unlike FO3

and about steam version... is it same as the retail game?