Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

nah i dont think so... definately not goty...

it needs

- arrow point to... i really hate rotation map...
- lootable body
- add level of easy, med and hard... because its impossible for me to die unless i fell repeatable... pretty like crysis...
- better AI.... i mean did you see the guy who carries the box... or follow by stalker/musician?

and much more...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old June 7, 2010, 09:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I didn't overly like it either. I played the first one and never liked it, but I heard the second was a lot better so I picked it up. Just not my kind of game I guess. For some reason I really couldn't get into the story and that lost it for me.
Old June 7, 2010, 11:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
nah i dont think so... definately not goty...

it needs

- arrow point to... i really hate rotation map...
- lootable body
- add level of easy, med and hard... because its impossible for me to die unless i fell repeatable... pretty like crysis...
- better AI.... i mean did you see the guy who carries the box... or follow by stalker/musician?

and much more...
I agree the mini map wasn't the best but I generally found setting a marker in the large map was good enough for general way finding in the mini map. Pretty much acted like an arrow for me. I just wish the large map was a couple less presses to get to with a controller.

The bodies are lootable it's just they only give you some small ammo or a few coins. Or you can pick up weapons off the street. And there's loot everywhere in the game; feathers, money, posters, codex pages etc. What kind of loot you looking for?

Game difficulty settings are always a good idea, you're right with that. Difficulty settings are also good for replay value. Or maybe include a carry over from PL1 to PL2 like in Dead Space. It usually doesn't bother me though if you don't die in a game. Like in Bioshock the vita-chambers didn't ruin anything for me.

I don't think a game has to have amazing AI to be fun. I think good AI is more important in a shooter than an action platformer. Same in Batman it isn't about the AI, it's about mastering the simple but yet tricky freeflow combat. I think the idea with AC2 is similar. It's more about ebb and flow and a few gadgets all wrapped in a cool setting. Although Batman's mood was probably more gripping and intense. But arguably more linear games tend to have stronger storytelling. And well, it's Batman?

AC2s epic saga being broken up over the game was well executed imo, and with great detail. I really liked how they worked it all in using the campaign and The Truth. The sections out of the Animus also added to the story much better this time around. It all just sort of worked for me I guess.

It's not like the game doesn't have flaws and not be improved in some way. But to me the experience was a very good one; polished and fun. What else could I ask for in a game like this?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 8, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

actually the story of main quest is frankly but if you complete truth games then you will get the whole idea...

armor (why not? undeterable), boots, medicine, etc.. of course i stop to use loot on body because its damn too long to pick up something...

of course thats why i killed myself when i am in bad postion or made mistake... no necessary for me to use medicine... but it has to force me to not die so easily...

i mean, for example. when you are on assassin mission, you have to kill someone undetected... i climb up the building and jump onton the enemy and kill him... but when i walk away and hide behind the wall... idiot walks over the body...

so there is many example that ai is very stupid than i thought... btw i really hate undetected assassin missions... so annoying... anyway i want real-life AI enemy and or people (nobody screams or fight back :\)...

if AC2 use fallout 1/2 AI then it would be funny and fun to play...

good experience? maybe not imho... its just eye candy game... like crysis, or whatever
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old June 8, 2010, 09:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I got really bored of the first one after the first few hours. Played a bit of the 2nd one and it def didn't feel as boring. Def a different type of game, so its a bit unfair to compare it to something more action packed. Nor is it fair to really change what ubisoft has decided to go with. It works for what it is. change things around, and you've got a totally different game/feel to it.

and that is some dedication, to put in 40 hours into a game where one does not like the controls and such with.
Old June 8, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
actually the story of main quest is frankly but if you complete truth games then you will get the whole idea...

armor (why not? undeterable), boots, medicine, etc.. of course i stop to use loot on body because its damn too long to pick up something...

of course thats why i killed myself when i am in bad postion or made mistake... no necessary for me to use medicine... but it has to force me to not die so easily...

i mean, for example. when you are on assassin mission, you have to kill someone undetected... i climb up the building and jump onton the enemy and kill him... but when i walk away and hide behind the wall... idiot walks over the body...

so there is many example that ai is very stupid than i thought... btw i really hate undetected assassin missions... so annoying... anyway i want real-life AI enemy and or people (nobody screams or fight back :\)...

if AC2 use fallout 1/2 AI then it would be funny and fun to play...

good experience? maybe not imho... its just eye candy game... like crysis, or whatever
I have to disagree. It isn't just an eye candy game. You seem to be staking everything on the fact that the AI wasn't hyper sensitive or pegging you off from a mile away like in FarCry or something. Sensitive AI does not necessarily a good game make.

I agree it was a bit weird that there wasn't more panic in the streets when a body fell down or whatever. It would have made more sense to put more emphasis on hiding bodies and such like in Splinter Cell games, but I think the scale and genre of the game may have had a hand in that. Often with open world games like GTA and such, I never had the feeling like the AI was so amazing. So comparing the AI in AC2 to a 13 year old RPG is a bit of a head scratcher if you ask me?

If you want an RPG than play an RPG. If you want a twitch shooter than play a twitch shooter. But to spend 40 hours on a game and come out the other end saying because it wasn't this and that it sucked ... well I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where you are coming from.

It wasn't to your liking, fair enough. The game isn't perfect and can be improved, but it's far from completely sucking or being a terrible game.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 9, 2010, 09:06 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

^ well said.

its like movie critics who go into an action movie expecting oscar winning performances. Its just not something to expect from it.

same goes with games. take the game for what its intended to be, and not what you prefer to play.

its like some of my friends and their take on red dead redemption. i totally expected it to be slightly slower/boring compared to GTA, just the fact that there's less around you and more horseback riding between towns (vs. a full city). So I don't complain about that part of the game, since thats how it was in the wild west.