Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29, 2010, 04:12 PM
MVP

Default need help with modern warfare 2

im playing online on ps3.

1: how do i create a lobby with game rule of my option while being a public lobby where anyone can enter? it seems that i can only make rules of my own by making it private lobby but i want it public.

2: how do i choose custom weapons to bring out to battle? it seems that it is jus class-based and im sick of same old guns. im used to combat arms game where we got over 30 weapons to choose from to battle mix and match.

3: is there any asian themed map? like japan? china? i go trough all 16 maps an dno asian maps.

4: is there really only 1 small map in the game? i really like small map for free for all small battle.

5: is there any other type of grenades besides the default one? cuz i think its useless and too small range-explosion. i like attacking with grenade... is there any way i can go choose different grenades?

6: i notice free for all deathmatch says 4-8 players underneath it..... is there a way that it have 16+up players in free for all?
Old May 29, 2010, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't own Mw2, but all of your questions are easily answerable

1. Because public games are ranked and private matches are not.
2. You have to get to rank 5 first before you can start making custom classes IIRC
3. Who cares? The game story is based in the US so I dont think they'd have a random asian map in there...
4. I dunno, what you see is what get - I don't own MW2. Check out the map pack?
5. HE, Flash, Smoke - think that's it? You can change them when you get custom class ability
6. NOOOOOOOOOO if you cant do it, you cant do it. There is no magic work around to have 16 players.

What happened to your hatred for Call of Duty? my non-gamer buddy excites about call of duty
Old May 29, 2010, 09:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah, I think Rust (is that what it's called) is the only smallish map in MW2.

Any like headshot said, most of your questions can be answered by leveling up.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

1. You can't host a public game, private only meant to do so with friends and people you know.
2. Custom classes level 5
3. No Asian maps on MW2
4. Smallest map is Rust (pain in the ass really)
5. Only two grenades in game are Semtex and Frag
6. Maximum players you can have in free for all is 12 (Mosh Pit only)
Old May 30, 2010, 01:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

5. Use Danger Close, also learn to cook the frag beforehand.
6. If you want the most people (18 max), play Domination or GroundWar

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old May 30, 2010, 10:00 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
5. Use Danger Close, also learn to cook the frag beforehand.
6. If you want the most people (18 max), play Domination or GroundWar
whats groundwar? is it no team? most of the modes is locked for me. and you said cook grenade? you mean like if we hold it for a long time and time it right and throw.... it will have a wider range of explosion?

and damn so its confirmed that we cant host a public game with our own rule set? thats messed up! i was thinking double health-no time-max regen health-smallest map-free for all

and haha i hardly remember that to whoever post link. its not a hate on fps. its just not main genre. and i did not buy mw2. its a rent. benefit the kids around me since they interest in fps.. and they dont even know what fps mean.... fps to them is automatically call of duty.
Old June 2, 2010, 07:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
im playing online on ps3.

1: how do i create a lobby with game rule of my option while being a public lobby where anyone can enter? it seems that i can only make rules of my own by making it private lobby but i want it public.
you can only do private matches with friends or ppl you invite, people won't be able to randomly join in

Quote:
2: how do i choose custom weapons to bring out to battle? it seems that it is jus class-based and im sick of same old guns. im used to combat arms game where we got over 30 weapons to choose from to battle mix and match.
reach level 5 rank. but even then you won't have full access to all the weapons, perks etc until you reach each item's level.
Quote:
3: is there any asian themed map? like japan? china? i go trough all 16 maps an dno asian maps.
No

Quote:
4: is there really only 1 small map in the game? i really like small map for free for all small battle.
Yes, Rust is the only one of that size, next closest is Scrapyard. Small battles are fun once in a while, but they get boring after a while. I prefer the medium sized maps.

Quote:
5: is there any other type of grenades besides the default one? cuz i think its useless and too small range-explosion. i like attacking with grenade... is there any way i can go choose different grenades?
again, once you reach level 5, you'll have access to semtex, which is the sticky grenade, same blast radius though. You have to reach level 33 to get danger close which will increase damage and blast radius by 1.4x

as someone mentioned, holding the grenade for a few seconds before throwing it may help you get kills as it'll reduce the amount of time the enemy has to run away from the grenade. Or if you are using semtex, you can stick it onto people.

Quote:

6: i notice free for all deathmatch says 4-8 players underneath it..... is there a way that it have 16+up players in free for all?
Yes, only in private matches. In public matches Free For All can only have a maximum of 8 people in public. Only playtype that has more than 12 players is Ground War which alternates from Team Deathmatch and Domination.

I'd suggest playing all different types, sticking to just one game type is boring to me, and usually doesn't force you to try out the different things offered by the game (different combinations of weapons/perks - different tactics).

And for the love of god, if you are playing an objective based match, actually do the objective and not worry about kills/deaths as much.