LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2010, 06:35 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Just got this yesterday.
So much fun and so much to do.

I've barely even scratched the main storyline and have instead spent all my time doing the different hunting etc challenges. Of course those keep getting interrupted by random events that I find myself getting sidetracked by.

Fun moment: Got off my horse to shoot a deer and when I turned back some guy had jumped on my horse & stolen it! Took off after him (tough to keep up on foot) and when I turned a corner I saw a cougar had attacked him and killed his (my) horse. I waited for the cougar finish him off then shot the cougar. Win win! Well...except for that fact that I need a new horse.
Wow that is pretty exciting! WHERE IS MY PC PORT!!!!!???
Old May 24, 2010, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
Just got this yesterday.
So much fun and so much to do.

I've barely even scratched the main storyline and have instead spent all my time doing the different hunting etc challenges. Of course those keep getting interrupted by random events that I find myself getting sidetracked by.

Fun moment: Got off my horse to shoot a deer and when I turned back some guy had jumped on my horse & stolen it! Took off after him (tough to keep up on foot) and when I turned a corner I saw a cougar had attacked him and killed his (my) horse. I waited for the cougar finish him off then shot the cougar. Win win! Well...except for that fact that I need a new horse.
That is awesome. Now you have to steal a new horse.

Can hardly wait for this to come to PC if it ever does.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 24, 2010, 10:27 AM
MVP
F@H

You can steal them or just break in a wild one (catch it with lasso and try not to get bucked off).

I know this is terrible, but I love the racism in the game. No one in the Wild West seem to like Jews.

Edit:
Was just riding around the desert and came upon someone being held hostage. I killed the hostage taker and free the hostage.
He thanks me and starts walking off into the wilderness just to get bitten by a poisonous snake 50m from where he was tied up. He died instantly.

Last edited by Deeival; May 24, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL, this games sounds awesome!!!

-Plato
Old May 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Some more fun random encounters:

Random guy runs up and asks me to help prevent his friend from being hanged. I ride up to the scene of the hanging and fire off a couple of shots at the rope in order to rescue the hangee. Unfortunately my aim was low by about two feet, resulting in two revolver bullets to the skull of said hangee. My bad.

Come across two guys chasing some other guy across the desert. I bravely ride in and gun them down, only to be faced with the "you lose honor" message.
Upon investigation of the bodies I notice sheriff badges pinned to their jackets. Guess they were chasing an escaped prisoner. Oops.

Also, drive-by knifings are awesome.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Some are already calling RDR game of the year. I've ordered a copy thru Amazon. A) It's cheaper than buying locally, and B) I've never played an old west cowboy-themed game before. Can't wait to play!
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB
Old June 4, 2010, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well my brothers picked it up for PS3. It looks like a great game but I want it for PC as I can't stand the visuals for the PS3. It has no AA.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 4, 2010, 10:05 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Loving this game. I have 20 hours into it and barely scratched the main story line. It's all so much fun. And nobody brings characters to life like Rockstar. Take the best elements of GTA, Fallout 3 and Borderlands and you have RDR.