Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18, 2010, 04:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

grand theft auto in a spaghetti western? sounds like a blast!
Old May 18, 2010, 05:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sounds fun but not something I want to spend too much money on. I might pick it up used in a few months.
Old May 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i picked it up, will be trying it out in a bit

Old May 18, 2010, 07:00 PM
MVP
F@H

Watched a few videos and it looks pretty good. Let us know how it is if you have it.
Old May 19, 2010, 05:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
i picked it up, will be trying it out in a bit
Please give us your personal review :)
Old May 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

None of the stores in town got it in so no playing for me yet, but amusing anecdotes I've come across:

Quote:
When playing last night I ran into the random "help me catch the two escaped prisoners" mission. So I rode after the bad guys and tied them up. I decided this guy didn't need to ride on my horse so I was dragging him behind me, while riding a pack of coyotes ran out of some bushes and ate the guy while I was dragging him behind my horse...
On the same mission as the one above:

Quote:
I spent the time to capture them, place the securely on my horse and transport them back to the lawman. He thanks me, gives me $5 and then shoots them both in the head. I was so pissed at him callously disregarding my efforts that I lassoed him, dragged him back to Armadillo and shot him in front of the Sheriff's office.
Quote:
I came along a woman waving me down, when I got off my horse, 4 or 5 men came around and started shooting at me, I took them out and went to leave, as I turned my back, the woman grabbed one of the guns from the ground and started taking shots at me. I grabbed my lasso and hogtied her, then decided that maybe she learned her lesson, so I cut her free. Went to leave again and she started taking shots again, so I hogtied her, tossed her on the back of my horse and went to the nearest train tracks, layed her down on the tracks and left. Dumb bitch, fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you!
Old May 19, 2010, 11:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Actually, that sounds awesome. Maybe I will get this game.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

lol sounds interesting thats for sure. Please someone review this when you get a moment and let us know how it is!

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old May 20, 2010, 01:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well i played it for a bit yesterday. The graphics are gorgeous. The sound is great, it has that definite spaghetti western feel. It is very much "Grand Theft Equine" It starts out a bit slow, setting the tone and the story, quite a few cinematic at the beginning. Once that is done, it goes into a fairly straight forward mission set which is mainly for tutorial. That behind you, the game starts to open up. The map is your literal playground. You can go dual people in town, hunt after felons and be a bounty hunter. Go play poker in the saloon and gamble. Go hunt game out in the wilds and skin them for money. Or do side quests, or the main quest line. Its very much in the grand theft vein. There seems to be a lot more random things happening, which you can lend a hand to help, or turn a blind eye, which doesn't show up in other gta games. Not being too great at using a controller to shoot, i liked how it has a quick aim option, which locks to the target. It also has a slow mo, chose where you want to hit the guy mode which is used to do crazy western hero like shots. I would say its a buy it game, especially if you are into westerns at all. I can see that being a turn off for some that have no interest in them at all, but i think rockstars' concentration on storytelling will still win a lot of those people over. I can see this game being a huge time sink if you want to delve into all the hidden achievements, side missions, and other craziness. I guess if anyone has any questions about it, i could answer them. Let me know.

Old May 20, 2010, 04:37 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I would probably skip playing the Call of Juarez 2 and wait for RDR PC version.