Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2007, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am in love with this game. I haven't finished yet but I love it. So far only a few glitches and one crash that froze my system requiring a restart.

Well I beat Crysis and thought it was good but the ending sucked. There were some funny glitches like a gun floating in air shooting a wall. Or after a load a box just started to fly after I hit it. I did encounter some crashes though. All in all I think this game is better than COD4.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."

Last edited by belgolas; November 15, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old November 23, 2007, 11:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default a little video

this is how it looks on my system with playable frame rates enjoy!

Stage6 crysis after config tweak on dx9 xp pro x1950 pro*-*Video and Download**reaverclan

p.s. how do u embed videos in this forum, can u even do it?
Old November 23, 2007, 11:08 PM
Top Prospect

I'll wait for a patch before I even consider purchasing this game.
PAN: IBM Thinkpad T42 | Pentium M @ 1.77 GHz | 1GB DDR-333 | 40GB HDD | DVD-/+RW | ATi Radeon 7500.
[Server]
ZEUS: Dell Optiplex G150 | Intel PIII 1 GHz | 512GB SDRAM | 500GB HDD.
Old November 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan View Post
this is how it looks on my system with playable frame rates enjoy!

Stage6 crysis after config tweak on dx9 xp pro x1950 pro*-*Video and Download**reaverclan

p.s. how do u embed videos in this forum, can u even do it?
<rant>
What the **** is wrong with DivX web player? Why the **** does it always disable Aero in Vista? Fack!
</rant>

Anways, what tweaks did you use?
PAN: IBM Thinkpad T42 | Pentium M @ 1.77 GHz | 1GB DDR-333 | 40GB HDD | DVD-/+RW | ATi Radeon 7500.
[Server]
ZEUS: Dell Optiplex G150 | Intel PIII 1 GHz | 512GB SDRAM | 500GB HDD.

Last edited by Supergrover; November 23, 2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Offensive Language
Old November 23, 2007, 11:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00tman View Post
<rant>
What the **** is wrong with DivX web player? Why the **** does it always disable Aero in Vista? Fack!
</rant>

Anways, what tweaks did you use?
lol im on xp i did the config hack so it uses the very high settings that u normally cant use unless your on dx 10, did the video run ok after u got the player working sorry ill try to remmber that in the future. youtube is going to start letting u upload hd content in 2008 so that will fix this problem
Old November 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I am currently playing Crysis with the "Very High On The Cheap" hack for XP @1680x1050. Looks great but I think I need a few more frames, just can't decide what to turn off - LOL

So far the glitches I encounter are:
- guns getting stuck in walls after I go Rambo on some KPAs (drives me crazy cause they rattle until you pick it up or blow up the wall).
- some freezes that recover after 5-10 seconds so it's bearable (usually the 1st time I use my binocs)
- not so much a glitch but I seem to change weapons when switching suit powers using my mouse wheel button :P

Other than that it's a lot of fun. I really liked Farcry and this game plays a lot like Farcry so I'm happy. I love mixing up the stealth with the go Rambo. Currently on the mission where you have to take out 3 AA guns, I'm on the last one in some kind of refinery. Not too far into the game yet but me likes :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 26, 2007, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I am in love with this game. I haven't finished yet but I love it. So far only a few glitches and one crash that froze my system requiring a restart.

Well I beat Crysis and thought it was good but the ending sucked. There were some funny glitches like a gun floating in air shooting a wall. Or after a load a box just started to fly after I hit it. I did encounter some crashes though. All in all I think this game is better than COD4.
I finished it this weekend and felt some places were to easy and some places were pretty difficult for being on normal.

Found WAY to many bugs in this game that I had to keep reloading save points and hope the bugs went away before I continued on like in the bay. The drop ship landed and my crew mates were standing there but I couldn't finish the level due to a helicopter so far up in the sky you could barely see it.

The ending was horrible... defeat the massive boss watch a 3 minute movie and "done".

The game really wasn't impressive to me as I found the novelty of shooting trees, choke holding guys and use strength wore off within the first couple of levels and things like auto-save when a tank is firing a missile at you a pain in the ass and a major hinderance more than anything.

People rave about the zero g level but really there wasn't anything impressive about it that made me go WOW! And things like the visor freezing or getting frozen by an alien was neat, but again when your in the middle of battle and die because of this and having to rely on a lot of quick saves it gets frustrating.

The game visually is nice and the the engine does some nice things, but I still believe the game was very over hyped.
Old November 27, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok now I know about getting to a save point so when you restart there's a (tank/heli/RPG) about 0.5 seconds from your ass and you are getting nailed before the bloody screen loads. That sucks. Still progressing but those moments really suck. :P

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Very impressed with this game. The only glitch I've come across is that the audio and video during the cutscenes sometimes get out of synch. But the way it's set up, they immediately re-synch as soon as another person starts talking.

Other than that, I found the game to be rock-solid, start to finish. Almost makes me feel like a minority, in fact. Really, my biggest gripe was the short time you get to play with the tank and VTOL.
Old November 27, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Very impressed with this game. The only glitch I've come across is that the audio and video during the cutscenes sometimes get out of synch. But the way it's set up, they immediately re-synch as soon as another person starts talking.

Other than that, I found the game to be rock-solid, start to finish. Almost makes me feel like a minority, in fact. Really, my biggest gripe was the short time you get to play with the tank and VTOL.
I hated the tanks they were so slow and unresponsive but the VTOL was pretty fun.