Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 05:40 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 45
Default My day with Sony Customer Reps(warning offensive content)

So 11 months ago I send my 60GB, 699.99+ tax for an out of warranty repair. I am all happy till one day I get the blinking light of death. Won't start so I turn it off for a day. try nope. I turn the main switch off for a day, still not luck. So I disconnect the HDD a few times try NOTHING. This is a Saturday so Monday when Sony opens I call. So far I have lost 699.99 + tax +200 for repair. I get a customer service rep, I tell him it is a hardware failure and that I got a 3 month warranty yet it failed before 1 year. He says "Sir I'm sorry for your issue and we will work to resolve this. So I ask if I can send it back for free as a measure of good faith for a customer that has supported Sony for a very long time. He tells me sorry we cant and now it is 202.01 to fix my console. So I say why risk a repair and a 3 month warranty when for that price I could buy a new one and get a full warranty for 99 + tax more. He says "Sir I'm just giving you the options I have available. So I tell him I had been buying Sony products since before he was born (not a confirmed fact) and that why would I want to buy a product from them again if they treat their customers like that. He says "I'm sorr.." I tell him sorry what fix my 899.99 + tax brick in my basement that ate my COD MW2, what am I suppose to do use it as a paper weight or a chair. "Sir I don't recommend that" , but we can't confirm it is a hardware failure." Well can I send it in so the techs can have a look. "Sir that will cost you $25 for us to look at it and another $50 for us to open it up." I say so I have to pay you $75 to tell me my PS3 is broken and than still have to pay 202.01 to fix it? "Yes Sir that is what you have to do." What kind of company are you selling an inferior product and putting in place such dumb conditions, I'm going to contact Consumer Canada to see further course of action that I will take. May I speak to your manager. "Yes sir" Hangs up. I call again Same guy told him he hung up on me and that is unacceptable... *click* Call a third time same guy I told him that you had intentionally hung up on me twice, he was a stupid , that really is going to go no where in life enjoy your position as the douche bag customer service rep. Than I hung up.
Sorry about the grammar screw-ups I was pissed most of the way thinking about the idiot. But moral of the story Sony has the all time worst customer relations with there products, Xbox has given red ring customers 3 yrs and even out of warranty repairs. Sony had claimed under "Acts of God" clause in there warranty. To most devout Catholic what isn't an act of god. It was a 15 yr old who had a dust build up in his PS3. What was 'God' smiting him for his chronic masturbation habit. I myself am Agnostic. What if an Atheist owned a PS3. So I will never buy Sony again, in all products from Batteries to TVs.

Last edited by SugarJ; May 12, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
gingerbee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Posts: 6,824

My System Specs

Default

that sucks's man sorry to hear this is why i never support console gaming. if i can't play it on a computer then i can't play it. jmo
__________________
Fav quote "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret." Ronin Harris
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 05:55 PM
geokilla's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,622

My System Specs

Default

TL;DR

Got cliffs?
__________________
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 05:59 PM
Deviant's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UWO :D or Toronto
Posts: 355

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
TL;DR

Got cliffs?
Broken PS3 out of warranty -> Sony offers fix for $202 or check for $25 + $50 opening it up with no other course of action offered -> Rep hangs up after asking to speak to manager -> hangs up again after he calls back -> angry customer vowing to stay off of Sony

Main notes.

Anyhow, did you buy it with a credit card? Tends to give a 1 year extension for warranties and they're pretty good at dealing with such things.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 06:01 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Broken PS3 out of warranty -> Sony offers fix for $202 or check for $25 + $50 opening it up with no other course of action offered -> Rep hangs up after asking to speak to manager -> hangs up again after he calls back -> angry customer vowing to stay off of Sony

Main notes.

Anyhow, did you buy it with a credit card? Tends to give a 1 year extension for warranties and they're pretty good at dealing with such things.
+ 202.01 for fixing the problem after, no Money draft. Don't forget ridicules him, I think I called him a pre-mature .... also.

Last edited by thatguy7; May 11, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 06:30 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He was just going by Sony's policy. You may not be satisfied by the quality of their product, but the warranty is what it is. He probably hung up on you because he was sick of being treated like dirt by a disrespectful caller.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 06:41 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He was just going by Sony's policy. You may not be satisfied by the quality of their product, but the warranty is what it is. He probably hung up on you because he was sick of being treated like dirt by a disrespectful caller.
Really if you read the entire summary I was only what you explained the disrespectful customer after his 2nd hang up. So how about you read before you comment kind of prevents the egg on your face. I was a reasonable customer who has probably payed 10+g into there sad excuse of a company asking for a little mercy on a lemon. But like me before Sony I'd have said the same thing never had to return a product in my life. Until the PS3. There are many things wrong with what he did. I asked reasonably to speak to his manager, which by consumer Canada is my right to conflict the decision of a service and seek further resolutions and options. He was the one who denied me that twice and after the third time I got him there was no chance I'd get that right so yeah I let loose on him not my fault I try nicely twice, but you know the whole 3 strikes yeah that was his. So please think a little about commenting and refrain from commenting in my thread if your claims don't hold any truth. I am warning users of Sony products the risk of entering into their world. Now Microsoft offered an extra 3 yrs when their product has a hardware failure. They know to take accountability when you drop slightly under a grand for a console and another repair. I give you permission, no I give you the right to be angry. You know the first Repair I left it in the box for 7 months sealed in a factory fresh box. so really it failed after 4 months.

Last edited by thatguy7; May 11, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 06:51 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
Really if you read the entire summary I was only what you explained the disrespectful customer after his 2nd hang up.
This is not something you do if you are trying to be respectful:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
So I tell him I had been buying Sony products since before he was born
  #9 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 07:06 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
This is not something you do if you are trying to be respectful:
Wow when dealing with people you do have to assert some authority. Yeah I was explaining how you were mistaken is it not uncommon for people to disagree. The only justified reason I could see to his reaction if I was cussing him out on the first call. So please refrain from commenting your argument hold very little truth. This is not being disrespectful it is called honesty. Your quotes show no disrespect at all I am merely point out the obvious in the first one. The second one is an allusion I have been dealing with Sony since the 1960's and the rep seemed in his 20's. This is the literary equivalent of saying a strong man was a Hercules. It allows deeper understanding of the dealing I have had with Sony, when the scale is all the years he had lived.
  #10 (permalink)  
Old May 11, 2010, 07:10 PM
Il Duce's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: T.O
Posts: 512
Default

He hung up because you were rude and heading toward the "I'm a consumer and I'm always right" argument. Also pursuing the "I'm a consumer and I'm always right" argument would achieve nothing for both parties.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any HR reps out there???? (not looking for a job) :) sswilson Off Topic 11 February 9, 2009 09:07 PM
Manufacturer Reps BALISTX Suggestions & Feedback 40 August 8, 2008 12:51 PM