Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2010, 02:38 PM
MVP

Default ps2 game scramble white screen on hdtv

i got hdtv. ps2 hook on it using avi cable. ps3 also hooked on the same hdtv using HDMI cable. both ps2 and ps3 hooked on same tv.

when i play ps2 fighting games on ps2 system..... say KOF 11 and when oponent fall down to ground the screen will go scramble-white with tiny lines across for 1 second. same goes to ps3 games when i play Wrestlemania Demo.... when slam oponent and screen will go lines scramble white for a second then go back to normal.

could it be defective HDTV? or what? any other idea besides defective tv? doe sit happend to you?
Old May 11, 2010, 05:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

What model TV? Are you using the speakers built into your TV or do you have a separate sound system?
Old May 11, 2010, 07:29 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
i got hdtv. ps2 hook on it using avi cable. ps3 also hooked on the same hdtv using HDMI cable. both ps2 and ps3 hooked on same tv.

when i play ps2 fighting games on ps2 system..... say KOF 11 and when oponent fall down to ground the screen will go scramble-white with tiny lines across for 1 second. same goes to ps3 games when i play Wrestlemania Demo.... when slam oponent and screen will go lines scramble white for a second then go back to normal.

could it be defective HDTV? or what? any other idea besides defective tv? doe sit happend to you?
Yeah it would probably be your tv if it is both consoles with the issue. See if you played the ps2 games n your ps3 I could see it happening. Maybe the demo is messed and when you play ps3 the flaws of ps2 get hyper intensified.