Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
Top Prospect

I was really looking forward to this game, then it came out and I pretty much heard it was mediocre to good at best. How disappointing, really.

I don't know if it's worth paying a game subscription to a game that should still be a beta with all the bugs I've heard...did they rush the release?

Like I said I haven't played it yet so take my comments with a grain of salt but I would rather wait a little longeer for them to have done another test session...

Qwerty.
Old November 9, 2007, 04:27 PM
Rookie

Bad news travel faster ;)
Old November 9, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

does this game use a cd-key to be able to play online?
Old November 9, 2007, 07:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
I was really looking forward to this game, then it came out and I pretty much heard it was mediocre to good at best. How disappointing, really.

I don't know if it's worth paying a game subscription to a game that should still be a beta with all the bugs I've heard...did they rush the release?

Like I said I haven't played it yet so take my comments with a grain of salt but I would rather wait a little longeer for them to have done another test session...

Qwerty.
well.... it does an amazing job of some things. like the crafting system. best crafting/mod system of any game i've played. you can easily add new properities to items, remove mods and upgrade the level of items. the combat is ridiculously fun and theres loads of loot dropped. you can quickly and easily reduce all the crappy stuff down into components you can use to craft new items or upgrade current ones. and it has a 'vacuum' style loot pick up. just press 'F' and it automatically picks it up. gold is automatically collected when you get within about 10m of it.
even the things it does mediocre, it doesnt do terrible. randomized levels feel repetitive and a little cliche sometimes. the ai isnt far ahead of diablo II's. but hey, when was the last time an mmo/rpg had "smart" monsters?
but in the end, it feels like every other EA game; like it should still be in beta. the client crashes every 2 hours (at least), frequently only parts of you load into a level, sometimes party members disappear completely from your screen (and sometimes your minimap, sometimes not. stations can be laggy as hell. subscription items keep changing. i had a bunch of holiday items, then all of a sudden they all became "subscriber only," then half of them were returned to normal use, then a day later they all became available again. and the point was....?
honestly, its a wicked game. like ... battlefield..... or any other of EA's games that was released months before they should've been and were buggy as hell. so.... i'd say wait until after christmas. they *should* have it mostly polished by then. you know... like how it should be right now....
Old November 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
Rookie

this game is sooooooo bugged
i got to level 30.. but i dont plan to be playing much more.
there are too many bugs, i play for about an hour and a half.. my game crashes about 4 times in that period.

if anyone is thinking about getting it, i would wait at least till this "300 meg" patch is released in december....
Old November 19, 2007, 09:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

I personally enjoy the game, and I've never had the game crash once, played it for a couple hours and the game didn't as much as slow down. Though I will admit, the game is just...slow if your by yourself, I find that you pretty much need others to play with. Mind you, even with that the game isn't without it's problems, but saying that, nothing in my opinion that makes the game unplayable.
Old November 20, 2007, 04:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hefty changes in the upcoming patch have been officially announced. Maybe this will give the game a bit of a boost with the press since the cited changes cover almost all of the game's issues.

Also, the game's visuals are actually scaled down from the beta due to the game's buffer limit frequently being exceeded. They say they are working on a fix to allow maximum game detail without flooding your memory.
Old November 21, 2007, 04:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

I personally enjoy the upcoming, what was it, like 24 character slots? Plus, they fixed the engineer bot not saving it's stats. Sure, it's nice...but still, I kinda liked changing it stats to what I need xD
Old November 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

/me got screwed out of founders by EB. This is the last time I give my money to EB or to EA.
Old November 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
Rookie

hey they finally patched it.
i got pissed off and stop playing for like a week, waiting for the bugs to get worked out. well looks like its mostly fixed. played for a couple hours last night.everything ran smooth, it didnt crash on me or glitch out at all. only complaint was near the end the client/server connection was so sh*tty i had to stand on top of guys and hack away for 30 seconds before i started hitting them. i dont know why they didnt postpone the release for a couple weeks at least. so many people got put off by the beta style release.