Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Wife can't join?

My wife Barbra is an avid gamer, and would like to become a member of this forum.As I am a member,she can't register. Why is this? How can two people join this forum? Is there a box to click on that we have not found? We have several computers but only her XPS 720 is configured for e mail.Could that be a problem? I don't know how many females are members here but I know Barbra would be a valued friend to all on this great Canadian forum. Take care all...
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 1, 2010, 11:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

your not both using the same email to sign up? are you getting an error?

Old May 1, 2010, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
your not both using the same email to sign up? are you getting an error?
We are both using the same e mail adress. Her rig is the only one with email on it.Should we create another email? Why can't she just use her own password and be done with it? Thank you.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 1, 2010, 11:53 AM
shaw

A username is linked to an email address, and 2 usernames cannot be linked to the same one I believe. Simply create an account for her using a gmail or hotmail email addy.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You cannot use the same EMail address for two seperate accounts. As Shaw said just get another gmail or Hotmail and use that.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 1, 2010, 11:56 AM
Allstar

It's quite regular that forums only attach a single email to an account. Just create another email, maybe even a ghost email (if HWC allows it) to register.

edit : ninja'd.

Old May 1, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah sorry Silk. Its setup that way to help enforce the one person, one account rule. Otherwise you would have people with account A for their "naughty bad boy" persona and account B for their "nice" persona.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 1, 2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Why are you wanting to kill your wife online? LOL!!!!!!!!
Old May 1, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^who isn't ahh ha ha makes sense too me. just make another bs Hotmail account for here
Old May 1, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My wife lives vicariously through my posts!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE