Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2010, 08:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default HON - Questions

Curious how many people are buying this I played it for quite a while and then stopped about a month or so ago. How is the game now is it worth purchasing or is it not going to ever be as good as DOTA was?

Thanks for any input guys!

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old April 30, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It blows DOTA out of the water. It offers everything that DOTA did; and completely improves on everything that DOTA lacked in. Every major DOTA tournament will be switching to HON.

I'll be buying it for sure. I play at least a game almost every single night.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:26 AM
Rookie
F@H

If the only thing it did was prevent people from leaving the game, it would still be worth it. The fact that it brings so much more to the table, makes it a definite buy for me. The ability to reconnect, an individual matchmaking system (team matchmaking in the works), a good selection of heroes who can be played competitively, stat tracking, etc really make the game an improvement over DOTA. The game is also just a one time fee of $30 US, which is a pretty fair price IMO.

On a side note, if you want to check out the competitive side of the game, head on over to Honcast. If you want to see the game played to near perfection, I recommend watching any game played by team LOAD.

I think the game is still in open beta until May 12th. You can check it out here. It does have a fairly steep learning curve to be competitive, but the tutorial does cover a lot of the basics. You'll also want a fairly thick skin, as sadly the community is often pretty unforgiving. Be sure to start out in non-stat games, although there tends to be more leavers. Good luck!
Old May 1, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah; the most fun in HON is in the more competitive area though.. I have a good group of friends who hang out on a ventrilo server - we play team matches a lot and it gets really serious.. but man the shit talking is fun.. we're all rated 1600-1800. By no means as high as some of the very serious players but once you play HON a lot you'll realize how hard it is to get to and stay above 1700.... WITH a 1.0-1.0 KDR or better.. thats the kicker.. KDR haha.. PSR/MMR come and go.. your KDR is a definite show of your skill...
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:54 PM
Allstar

Been playing since... august i think. Love this game. Thnaks to a member here who gave me a beta key.

I think it's really worth it because all aspects of dota are present and improved. Many reasons makes it worth it. Game editor. Generally a bit more serious community. Nice graphics. Way smoother gameplay. It's commercial aspect makes sure there will be more updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
your KDR is a definite show of your skill...
Not really, considering this is a teamwork game. Haven't you seen all those kids ruining fights just because they consider their kdr...