Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2010, 11:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Bad Company 2 Problems

Yes, I realize that there is a whole huge 40+ page thread on this game but I read through 1/2 of it and couldn't find anyone really talking about it.

Has anyone found a workaround for all the crash to desktops and BOSD's? I apologize if this shouldn't be in the gaming forum =(
Old April 22, 2010, 11:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep; there are a few.

If you use the steam version: Disable steam community while in game.

Also double check your video card drivers.

BSOD: I'm not sure about - I havn't had any problems with that myself so I havn't looked into it.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 22, 2010, 11:56 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musabi View Post
Yes, I realize that there is a whole huge 40+ page thread on this game but I read through 1/2 of it and couldn't find anyone really talking about it.

Has anyone found a workaround for all the crash to desktops and BOSD's? I apologize if this shouldn't be in the gaming forum =(
I'm not sure if your having the same issues, but I kept getting a white screen, where I could hear myself shoot, etc. but couldn't do anything. Mostly you could ctrl+alt+del out of it, but sometimes I'd have to go for a hard restart.

It turned out that it had to do with the temp of my gfx card (gtx 260), for some reason, if it got above like ~77ish, it would white screen and crash, even with completely playable framerates, I have no idea why. Try turing the graphics down and cranking the fan to max next time you play and see if there is any improvement.
Old April 23, 2010, 12:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

No it either crashes to the desktop and like... I can just go back into the game if I wanted to restart it

or it just freezes and I have to hard reset the entire computer

And Encorp no its not the steam version =\

Im using a GTX480 and it was happening exactly the same with my GTX260
Old April 23, 2010, 01:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I gotta go to bed for now; I left myself a note to get you a better response tomorrow haha.

I had a lot of problems with this and there's a bunch of things I did to finally fix it - I just need to get it together and formulate it.. and 3am is not the time for me to do that haha.

I'll check back here tomorrow and see if its solved and if not try and help you figure it out.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 23, 2010, 11:27 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I can tell you what i did to solve my BC2 bluescreens and hard lockups (which only happened in BC2 and nothing else) I did this:
1. Crank the fan speed way up on my Radeon 4870.
2. New install of Windows 7 including latest drivers for everything.
Since doing this i have played around 20hrs of BC2 without any bluescreens or freezing. However it still crashes to desktop occasionaly.
Old April 23, 2010, 11:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ill try the fan speed for my GTX480, its only getting to about 85 degrees though... but it cant hurt!
Old April 23, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Figured it out yet?
Old April 23, 2010, 03:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Figured it out yet?
Nope, i played for about 3 rounds then it crashed to desktop again. I tried maxxing my fan to 100 percent but the same thing happened. It still stays well below 90 degrees C though.
Old April 23, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I doubt thats really it in the long run.

The engine for this game is "dicey" (pun intended ahaha). It's terrible.

So any minor driver conflicts are going to fudge you up hardcore.

Try the newest beta drivers and some of the older more stable ones. I had to sort through about 10 different Nvidia drivers to find one that worked. I'm using the most recent beta drivers now.

Also - this is a retarded question at first but: Have you tried playing the single player campaign?