Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2007, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Its funny either I'm sensitive to crappy games or you guys aren't seeing it, but there is some serious jumpiness in the fluent motion of this game that has resided in all the NFS games.
Old November 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

In the second race the car is like pulled by another invisible force...
At first I thought that it was my video card but when I changed the details to low and to 840x640 and I've seen that its acting the same way..it's that what you meant enaberif?
Old November 4, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
In the second race the car is like pulled by another invisible force...
At first I thought that it was my video card but when I changed the details to low and to 840x640 and I've seen that its acting the same way..it's that what you meant enaberif?
possibly it just seems like the screen stutters as your driving its hard to explain.
Old November 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

I think I know what you mean. If on the full version the control of the car is going ot be like this then I am going to be very disappointed in Ea..
Lots of games, too overrated..let's see if Starcraft II is gonna be a blowout too..
Old November 5, 2007, 12:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
Lots of games, too overrated..let's see if Starcraft II is gonna be a blowout too..
LOL Half of me HOPES it is going to suck....though it is the petty "old fart" side of me...you know the "good" side that likes talking to people and showering everyday.

Honestly, I can't even count the number or WEEKS I lost to Starcraft. Man that games was like crack or had some subliminal hypnosis thing going on. I would sit down for a "quick game" at 4 in the afternoon...and look up and its like 3:30 in the morning!...Good times.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 5, 2007, 05:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Methinks EA Canada is finally returning to its roots with Pro Street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
lame demo! Finished first in both.
Graphics are subpar and very jerky
By that logic, Call of Duty 4 demo was utter shite. There are other qualities to be looking for in a demo than duration.

Regardless, I'll be saving for an 80GB PS3 just to play Turismo 5. Now THAT is going to be one hell of a game...
Old November 6, 2007, 12:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just played the Pro Street demo. I think it was total sh** (depending on a few factors). A lot hardcore NFS fans who were depressingly upset by Carbon will probably feel the same about Pro Street; there seems to be far, far too much emphasis on sensationalism and driving mechanics--the core of the game--have suffered miserably. Hopefully the much-touted tuning system redeems the utterly unreal steering inconsistency and total lack of air friction (the M3 was accelerating past 300km/h like it was still on second gear; you'd need a car producing at least 800ps to be accelerating at that rate, at that speed.) I liked the inclusion of damage modeling, though.

Also ran very sluggishly on my laptop at medium detail levels, whereas Hellgate London runs perfectly fine at maximum detail?... come on... They didn't even bother doing proper MIP mapping.

If you're a PC racing aficionado (and not too concerned about simulation) who wants your car to respond to your driving inputs correctly, you are better off playing Underground 2 or, stepping futher back to one of the franchise's best games, Porshe Unleashed.